Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I WANT GREEN OLIVES BLARGGLE LARGGLE LALKDJFLDKJF (a bit long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm slightly sympathetic since I'm from a place where green olives is the most popular pizza topping (because they are delicious and they never last a week in my house). However I have learnt that toppings are very region specific in preference and that shops have to cater to the majority. I just order something else while searching for a pizza place that caters to people like me ☺
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
      I'm slightly sympathetic since I'm from a place where green olives is the most popular pizza topping (because they are delicious and they never last a week in my house). However I have learnt that toppings are very region specific in preference and that shops have to cater to the majority. I just order something else while searching for a pizza place that caters to people like me ☺
      Exactly, most pizza places here, franchise and otherwise, have jalapeno and tomatoes on the menu because they are very popular toppings. My mom's favorite pizza is even tomato and jalapeno which I jokingly call a Arizona special. However I can understand why tomato or jalapeno on the menu in say... Maine.

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
        And how many pizza franchises are willing to send their employees to the farmer's market on a daily or weekly basis?
        That was the main issue with the topping; the fact that someone had to go out and buy it every time the customer called. Maybe if she'd ordered during the quiet period instead bang in the middle of the busy period, tomato slices would have stayed on the menu.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
          And how many pizza franchises are willing to send their employees to the farmer's market on a daily or weekly basis?
          The ones that charge fifteen bucks for a 12-inch plain cheese, plus two bucks a pop for each topping. From those, I'd expect absurdly fresh. Anywhere else, with their eight-dollar cheese pizzas and the second is half price? Not so much.

You get what you pay for.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            That was the main issue with the topping; the fact that someone had to go out and buy it every time the customer called. Maybe if she'd ordered during the quiet period instead bang in the middle of the busy period, tomato slices would have stayed on the menu.
            Or if she were a TRUE regular (as in ordering the same thing on the same day of the week). If she always ordered on Wednesday, even if it was during the rush, management could have a driver stop by the supermarket on their way back to the store during a slack time and get the tomatoes, so they'd be ready when the woman ordered.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              The ones that charge fifteen bucks for a 12-inch plain cheese, plus two bucks a pop for each topping. From those, I'd expect absurdly fresh. Anywhere else, with their eight-dollar cheese pizzas and the second is half price? Not so much.

You get what you pay for.
              Sounds like the price list at my Lizzie Pizza place. For what they charge, it's definitely FRESH made w/fresh ingredients, which for me is a definite step up from a corporate franchised national place.

Now I"m getting hungry for pizza. Closest thing I have right now is a Dr Oetker's spinachi pizza in the freezer . . . . *eyeing fridge beside desk.*
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I never seem to have much luck with frozen pizzas; if they don't come out burned on the edges and still cold & soggy in the center, they taste like shit because they were the discount brand x.x Once a year or so (namely, this past week), a really good sale/coupon comes along on a brand I've not tried before and I manage to forget just how bad my luck is with the damn things. I've yet to test my luck on this one. Wish me luck.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X