This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Better yet, have a selection of synthesized voice responses to use if the button were pressed during the "cool down", along the lines of "Hurry up - there's an impatient asshole wanting service".
    Or "Thank you for making sure the bell works."

Comment

Whenever some idiot rings the bell at my work and is obviously being an idiot I always walk right up to them and as sarcastically as possible say, "Hi, what can I do for you?!" Or, "I'm sorry, I'll be right with you!"

They usually say something like, "I've been helped. I was just having fun." Yeah, no shit..

I especially love it when they ring the bell and I'm in plain sight or already helping them.

ME: Ok, that'll be twenty-

DING!

ME: -four....can I... help you?

Comment

I especially love it when they ring the bell and I'm in plain sight or already helping them.

ME: Ok, that'll be twenty-

DING!

ME: -four....can I... help you?
        Unclear on the concept, or just being an asshole?

Yeah, you can guess which one I think it is...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

There's times when I see (hear?) people hammering on a bell like that and just wish I could be hiding right behind the counter so I could jump out and shout at them "HI!!! CAN I HELP YOU?!?!?!?" with a maniacal grin on my face.

But I'm evil that way.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
            There's times when I see (hear?) people hammering on a bell like that
            It's occasionally great to have a kid with a very loud voice and no filter:

'Mommy, why is that man ringing the bell so many times? You said it was very rude to ring it more than twice!'

It's great watching grown man blush
            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I always, when I have to use a bell, press it once firmly and decisively - so it peals loud enough to be heard - then silence the outside-y part with my fingertips so the sound doesn't linger because /that/ makes me feel like an asshole...
              Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Working...
              X