This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mjr View Post
    I'm waiting on the day when a company has a life-like android working as a Cashier (think Mr. Data from Star Trek: TNG, except with more realistic skin/eyes), and the customer starts yelling at them...
    I'd like to see that, considering that Mr. Data comes equipped with a phaser.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      I'd like to see that, considering that Mr. Data comes equipped with a phaser.
      That and that man has Sass in his super polite,ihavenoideahowhumansinteract sort of way.
      "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
        I get quite a few people who ignore me and make similar comments to whoever they are with. It's like, if you want me to keep your bags a little lighter or you want me to double-bag them or whatever, just ask me! I am right here! I'd honestly be happy to help you. If someone is on a cell phone, I don't even say hello. I was raised not to interrupt a telephone conversation

I've had people who were on the phone ask me why I didn't acknowledge them. I tell them that very thing.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          I'm waiting on the day when a company has a life-like android working as a Cashier (think Mr. Data from Star Trek: TNG, except with more realistic skin/eyes), and the customer starts yelling at them...
          I would LOVE to see that.

Comment

Quoth xxscooterxx View Post
            I've had people who were on the phone ask me why I didn't acknowledge them. I tell them that very thing.
            I keep hoping someone will ask me that so I can say it! No luck yet Ooooh, and added to the original topic, I had a lady the other day who said to her daughter "well I guess we have to bag this ourselves" because she bought some plants and a few other large/handled items that we don't normally put in bags. I DID manage to say "Well there are certain things we don't usually bag" but she pretty much ignored me.
            Last edited by MelindaJoy77; 08-23-2014, 01:23 PM.
            Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              With the way some companies attempt to train their employees, I think that's already happening with real people who have been mentally reprogrammed to act like androids.
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

I had that a lot when I worked at Land of Quid. It was embarrassing, and rather insulting. When I got people like that, I'd always get louder... but nope. They STILL overlooked me. The worst were the ones on the phone. So rude ugh.

Comment

Working...
                X