Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wireless Scs' : Why is the non-sequitur the backbone of customer complaints?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth prjkt View Post
    Was mostly referring to the Li-ion cells in their ancient 3mp cameras with an extinct form of memory card,often really hard to find, sub 2gb SD, xD or Memory Stick - which leads to a whole other level of complaints; "What?! This camera is AMAZING, how dare you tell me no one makes the memory card for it so it's useless"
    Hey, I've got a Fuji Finepix 3000 (great camera - and unlike later ones in the series, the filter threads are on the lens assembly rather than a housing the lens sticks past, so I can leave a skylight filter on it as a lens protector), and it takes xD cards. What's the conspiracy behind camera stores refusing to stock those cards? Also, the reason I've been using that instead of my film camera (Minolta SRT Super, which takes a mercury battery) is camera stores have stopped carrying Kodachrome.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
      Similar thing with cameras at my shop... People (who most likely have never bought a camera from us) come in with an ancient relic expecting us to get it working 100% for free! even when we're at the busiest time of day.
      Most of the time they need a new battery (only lasts a couple of years) and the balk at the price, or if it's a serious issue (dead LCD or sensor) people tend not to like being told to either pay $60 for a repair quote, or to buy a new camera (if the camera is old enough, the repair will be far more expensive than a new, better model)
      My vintage 1930s Leica never needs batteries.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I don't think Kodak manufactures much film any more after their recent troubles. And it's not that stores don't want to carry xD cards in my experience, it's that almost no one makes them any more. We had a lot of trouble finding a single supplier in Aus that imports them.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
          Like Crossbow said, it seems like you could have very easily done what the customer asked for...

Oh? You forgot to backup first? Sorry, all your data is gone...
          That is correct, but I am under no obligation to do so. I'd happily help anyone who wasn't being a douche. I am not a slave who must grovel before the delusions of grandeur of idiots.

Comment

I have the benefit that most of what I do I charge for. So in this case, I would have said I could do it, but there will be a charge AND you will loose all of your data.

If they were nice, I wouldn't have charged them something that would have taken me a minute or so, without the loss of data.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              What's the conspiracy behind camera stores refusing to stock those cards? Also, the reason I've been using that instead of my film camera (Minolta SRT Super, which takes a mercury battery) is camera stores have stopped carrying Kodachrome.
              sd/micro sd won the format war. Pretty much everyone uses those now, so the older formats aren't being manufactured much if at all.

EBay ismyour friend on this one.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                Similar thing with cameras at my shop... People (who most likely have never bought a camera from us) come in with an ancient relic expecting us to get it working 100% for free! even when we're at the busiest time of day.
                Most of the time they need a new battery (only lasts a couple of years) and the balk at the price, or if it's a serious issue (dead LCD or sensor) people tend not to like being told to either pay $60 for a repair quote, or to buy a new camera (if the camera is old enough, the repair will be far more expensive than a new, better model)
                I still have a Sony Mavica, the one that takes floppy disks. It works very well, and if it ever breaks I'll have to try to fix it because I've tried three newer cameras and it's outlasted all of them.

I wonder if I can plug my USB floppy drive into those photo kiosks, they have a USB port.

Comment

Assuming

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                  I still have a Sony Mavica, the one that takes floppy disks. It works very well, and if it ever breaks I'll have to try to fix it because I've tried three newer cameras and it's outlasted all of them.

I wonder if I can plug my USB floppy drive into those photo kiosks, they have a USB port.
                  If they are formatted as FAT, FAT16 or FAT32 they probably will work.

Comment

FAT12 is what floppies are formatted as, but yeah, it should! I need to try it now.

Comment

Working...
                    X