Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The recipe I use is really awesome (or at least my family thinks so) We use both flour and cornmeal - and I also finely chop of onion and add to the batter.

Nomnomnom
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Moistish and dripping with butter.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Honey butter...mmmmm.....

Comment

Whether it is sweet or not, definitely moist. I make non-sweet buttermilk cornbread and it is in no way dry. I grew up on Jiffy mix cornbread, but now I prefer my homemade cornbread.
          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Y'know, I picked up a package of corn bread mix at the store yesterday and then decided to put it back. I'm regretting that decision now.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
              First of all real cornbread isn't sweet as that is called cake, only yankees or their lackies perfer it that way.
              Tell that to the numerous restaurants in Georgia and Alabama that served it sweetish with corn mixed in. I never had cornbread when I lived in the North, except for in Alaska.

Comment

I wouldn't say that I prefer a dry cornbread, but I definitely prefer one that's denser, not quite brownie density but close; and I also like more corn flavor and less sugar. And yeah, it requires a large portion of whipped butter to go with it.

Comment

More moist than dry, but I'll eat it either way as long as I have butter to go with it.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X