This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welp....

vacation is kinda sorta over. Back in the hotel room after the last day at Yellowstone. The next two days will be spent getting home again.

Today I saw many many more buffalo, a black bear, a big grizzly bear (which I would've gotten a pic of were it not for a park ranger hollering for everybody to move their cars because they were over the white line or something while I was trying to locate the bear) numerous antelope and elk, and probably some deer. I missed out on seeing a grizzly bear with three cubs, but not the traffic jam caused by fuckhorns stopping their cars IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN ROAD and hopping out for photos. And of course no ranger to be seen.

Definitely the most wildlife I've ever seen, and at least it wasn't a total wipeout with the weather.

But I'll be glad to be leaving in a way. The toorists, both foreign and domestic, are really starting to get on my nerves.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Remind me to go there only in the off season.

Would love to see Yellowstone, but hell, I can see idiots at home...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thing is, this kinda is the off season. Or maybe the first weekend of tourist season. Shit, I'm not sure if even know what off-season is around here. They do apparently get a fair number of people here in winter.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

There is no real off season. I was born in jacksonhole and lived there from the time I was born to about 13. We lived 10 minutes from the parks and it was always crazy. Ski season, hiking season, bird season, hunting season, leaf season, wildflower season.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Thing is, this kinda is the off season. Or maybe the first weekend of tourist season.
          Unfortunately, whether or not it's tourist season is irrelevant - Yellowstone is a national park, so even when they're in season, you aren't allowed to shoot them.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

All this talk about bear, buffalo, and elk, is making me hungry.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
            X