This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are movie extras!

They are filming the movie "42" here in Chattanooga and the kids and I are movie extras! It is starring Chadwick Boseman as Jackie Robinson, Harrison Ford is Branch Rickey, and Christopher Meloni is Leo durocher. We dress in our 1940's wear and get our hair and makeup done and sit there for hours in the stands while they shoot a few minutes of a scene over and over until they have it right, lol. It is fun though and they feed us. And I have seen Chadwick Boseman already, probably seen Christopher Meloni and didn't realize it, and I get to see Harrison Ford next week
    Unfortunately we can't yell our undying love at the actors or get autographs or grope them...er um I mean shake hands with them or anything though. I have some pics I took of the kids and I during lunch break. Bad quality cell phone pics though. All the "people" in the background are not people. There are about 50 of us grouped together, maybe a little more, doing the action stuff in the stands. The rest are dummies. They are creepy looking up close! But they said that when they do a scan with us moving around and a few people moving around among the dummies it will look like the stands are full. We got pretty close to the front so far so I hope we are seen a few times!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HNI_0007_MPO.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	2033396

Name:	HNI_0015_JPG.jpg
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	2033397

Name:	HNI_0014_JPG.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	2033398
    Last edited by pageantmama; 05-23-2012, 11:19 PM.

That is awesome! You all look so cute!
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Oh, I love doing my hair and makeup 40s style! And Christopher Meloni is sooo beautiful.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Thanks! And I am more of a Harrison Ford gal myself But I am a Star Wars nerd, so yeah. My friend sent me a message on facebook and was like, OMG you get to see Christopher Meloni! He is so hot, grope his butt for me I was like who? I am just here for Harrison!

It was funny because when I saw on the news that they were filming and Harrison Ford was going to be there I told my husband I was going to camp out at the ball field to get a glimpse of him. He told me there would probably be so many people I would not even get close to the outside gates. Then I saw the signups for the extras and again he said yeah right. When I got that confirmation email that the kids and I were in I was like Booyah, in yo face, I am gonna see my man Han Solo!!!

Comment

That must be fun! Friends of ours were extras when they filmed "The Natural" (back in the 80s' I think?) Dummies were made using photos of the extras. One of our friends still has the one they made of him...last time I saw it it was sitting in his attic wearing one of his ties...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            That must be fun! Friends of ours were extras when they filmed "The Natural" (back in the 80s' I think?) Dummies were made using photos of the extras. One of our friends still has the one they made of him...last time I saw it it was sitting in his attic wearing one of his ties...
            Yep, it was the 80's. A number of kids in my high school (myself included) got to sit in the stands at the old War Memorial Stadium in Buffalo, NY for a number of the scenes. It was really cool.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

holy snaaaap! Awesome!

and wtg for letting your kid do it, one of my biggest childhood angsty things was that my mom refused to let me be an extra in The Patriot....missed out on lunch with Mel Gibson. :<
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

You are stunning pageantmama!
                I envy you. Not necessarily cause of the whole Harrison Ford thing (even if he's awesome) but for being an extra.
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

So, when you're all famous and stuff, can we say we knew you way back when?
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                    Yep, it was the 80's. A number of kids in my high school (myself included) got to sit in the stands at the old War Memorial Stadium in Buffalo, NY for a number of the scenes. It was really cool.
                    Yup. They knocked that down, by the way. It's an athletic field now. They did leave a couple of the original archways standing.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thanks guys It is so much fun. Long hours but it is cool to see how they film a movie. I let my oldest son skip school and go today and he said he would rather go to school tomorrow, all that sitting around and waiting was not for him
                      And let me tell you, today was NOT a day to bring kids, lol. I knew in the back of my mind we were going to hear racial slurs but I don't think it really sunk in. Until we sat through about 8 hours of hearing the other players shout the N word and other derogatory remarks OVER and OVER and OVER with take after take after take. Luckily I think the kids were too busy watching all the action with the cameras and they didn't say anything or ask what he was saying. I wasn't going to bring it up either because as soon as I would have pointed out the word they would have probably started repeating it. If one of them do mention it then it will bring up a good discussion on racism and being different though. We got to move closer to the front this time and will be directly in line with one of the shots they did today. They even moved a guy over that was blocking us Here is our "red carpet" picture. They did a different one today since I had to take the collar and pockets off my daughters dress and change it to ivory lace since it was too much red, they just haven't uploaded it yet.

Name:	536478_3532893155875_1078661880_33144009_436854216_n.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	2030101

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Yup. They knocked that down, by the way. It's an athletic field now. They did leave a couple of the original archways standing.
                        I know, I was still in town when the Old Rockpile came down.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I am so happy for you! You and your kids look absolutely adorable, and you look like you're having the time of your life there. And you're doing something I would absolutely love to do.

So, what's the movie about, and what roles are the actors playing?
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I did that on the side back in the early '90's. I have the most screen time as a reporter in The Fugative. Overall it was an experience. I hope you don't end up only in a deleted scene.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                            X