This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day of training

So I started training at the resort today. We're being trained on the Property Management System (PMS).

First thing I did after being told the login for the training module was promptly forget it. I was then scolded by a little Chinese lady in the manner that only little Chinese ladies can scold. It's like being verbally thwapped with a yardstick.

Then of course I had inadvertently sat at the computer hooked up to the projector, so every mistake I made was projected to the whole class. My manager and the supervisory staff who were also being trained were right behind me, and if I clicked on something I wasn't supposed to I would hear "Bhskittykatt don't click on that! Don't do it! Don't do it!" It was all in good fun, though. (The PMS is fairly intuitive, too, and the layout is customizable for each user!) I will make sure I don't grab the projector computer tomorrow.

To end things, I had left my lights on when I parked and had to go back and beg my new coworkers for help. I made the acquaintance of one of the maintenance staff who jumped my car. Great way to make my first impression there.

I managed to find my way around, at least. It's a bit labyrinthine back in the employee-only areas. Reminds me of helping BFF when she's working backstage in a theatre. I couldn't tell you where anything is except the one meeting room and the employee locker room, though. (Somewhere there is an employee cafeteria, and the details aren't hammered out yet but the company may be providing us with lunches. I think I found a good thing here.)

Tomorrow is going to be fun. I have the paper route first, followed by more morning PMS training for four hours, followed by a quick lunch and miscellaneous cleaning/organizing/data entry/whatever they assign me for four hours, followed by the Overseer Organization training for three more hours.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

So you'll spend most of your morning PMS-ing. Have fun.

(And no, I couldn't resist)
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Second day and guess what I did? Guess!

I left my lights on again and had to have another coworker jump my car. Aaaahhh! I can't believe I did that.

Spent much of the day polishing wood (oo-er). Got to tour the property a bit. It is still a labyrinth. Some of the suites though are larger than my apartment. Very posh.

Also discovered a little cafe next door (which I was informed existed AFTER I had eaten a more expensive lunch at the country club). They have excellent coffee. I know where I'm going on my break tomorrow.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
      X