This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
    Have you ever had your food stolen from your work fridge?
    Not me personally, but my co-worker used to bring a bottle of water or a can of soda to work, and have it stolen from the fridge nearly every day.

That seems to have stopped since she left a nasty note on her can of soda one day.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We just had the monthly fridge clean out at my new work. We had signs up from Thursday, fridge clean out was on Tuesday night. The signs were massive with bright green highlighting the date. Anything that wasn't named was going to be turfed.

We had someone complain on Wednesday morning that her lunch was thrown out. She admitted that she read the sign, but didn't think it applied to her. Because, apparently, her lunch was fresh and how dare the cleaners throw out her fresh lunch.

Well, dur, how are the cleaners supposed to know if it was fresh or not? There were bottles of cream from January in the fridge for fucks sake.
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Story from my sister: Where she's working now, they have a shared fridge. There's a sign on it sayng that the fridge will be cleaned every other Friday, and if you want something, mark it clearly, "please do not throw out." She said last week, there were several items in the fridge, all marked as requested, including something of hers. They all had dates on them, too, nothing more than a couple of days old.

So they came in on Monday, and....the fridge was empty.

They were all pretty pissed off, but she doesn't want to say anything because as a temp, she feels it's not her place, and she's not sure if the other workers are going to speak up. Very annoying, though.
        That one's easy - don't complain, just go to the boss and ask what you were supposed to do. You thought the sign said X, but X didn't work, so what was the right procedure? That lets it not be a complaint, and lets boss know what happened, and lets boss off the hook if it was somehow boss's fault.
        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

That reminds me of a coworker who made a joke about wanting me to go get him lunch.

I had been sent to St. Pete the week before and I decided to get my project manager and my sister's husband some hot sauce from a Mexican restaurant that brags about how hot their sauces are. After I gave the PM his hot sauce (he did pay me back), I showed my coworkers the hot sauce I was going to give my brother-in-law. That hot sauce was called Da' Bomb Ground Zero. The bottle said that it had 234,000 Scoville units (a jalapeno has 6,000).

H: "Could you go get me some tacos?"
          Me: "OK. Would you like some hot sauce on those?"
          H: "On second thought, I go get them myself?"
          Me:
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

stolen to eat, no... stolen to throw out however, yes.
            which kinda pissed me off cos they apparently announced that they were going to empty out the fridge - but they did it over the work radio when they normally did it on the loudspeaker.

so i never heard it. i got off work and went back to get my food and go and... "WTF?"
            I was NOT happy, cos i was planning on eating that on the way home.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              stolen to eat, no... stolen to throw out however, yes.
              which kinda pissed me off cos they apparently announced that they were going to empty out the fridge - but they did it over the work radio when they normally did it on the loudspeaker.

so i never heard it. i got off work and went back to get my food and go and... "WTF?"
              I was NOT happy, cos i was planning on eating that on the way home.
              Before I got switched over to freelance, I'd get emails warning us that the fridge was going to be cleaned out. Since I don't keep anything in the fridge, it didn't matter to me.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

We have the opposite problem at my office. Our break room fridge is a disgusting mess because a) we have refrigerator hogs who take up space with thermal lunch bags and fill the freezer with stacks of Lean Cuisines, and b) it never gets cleaned and there are always smelly old leftovers in there.

There are signs on the fridge about keeping it clean, and we keep getting emails about how it's going to be cleared out every Monday...hasn't happened yet.
                Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Well you could always try these methods....

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.co...imental-value/
                  Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I dealt with my lunch being stolen a couple times when I was younger, and quickly solved that issue by buying a double-zippered lunch box and securing it with a luggage lock. Never had an issue after that.
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

of course there's another idea... eat weird crap.

not necessarily a "food thief" issue but... back when I was in my navy school sometimes i just didn't wanna share my pizza when i ordered it. so if I was in a "selfish" mood, I'd get a couple of pizzas, one with anchovies and one with shrimp.

when a moocher came up and asked for a slice, i'd say "Sure! um do you like anchovies?"

It never failed - they apparently weren't hungry enough to eat an anchovy.

muahahahaha!

Comment

When I worked at a factory my lunch got stolen several times, and it was a common complain among all the workers. What I noticed is that your food was more likely to be stolen if you just packed it in a plastic grocery bag from the store, or a take out bag from a restaurant. So I went out and bought an actual lunch box and my stuff stopped getting stolen.

Now the place I work for, we have a mini fridge, similar to the type college kids use in their dorm rooms. I've never had an issue with anything being stolen. The only issue I've had is that someone put my bottle of water in the freezer and it was frozen solid, but that was a minor annoyance.

Comment

Quoth boringscreenname View Post
                          When I worked at a factory my lunch got stolen several times, and it was a common complain among all the workers. What I noticed is that your food was more likely to be stolen if you just packed it in a plastic grocery bag from the store, or a take out bag from a restaurant. So I went out and bought an actual lunch box and my stuff stopped getting stolen.
                          Use care when choosing your lunchbox, though... At my last job we had a manager whom everyone hated, who happened to adore Superman. He had his little Superman motorcycle helmet, his little Superman socks, his little Superman underwear, and his little Superman lunchbox, which people loved to take and hide from him because he -- a manager, mind you -- would get so upset if his super-duper Superman lunchbox was missing that he would break down and cry right there in the breakroom.
                          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Do I want to even know how everybody found out about the Superman underwear?
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The food theft story I liked most was about a "chile fiend" whose tastes were well-known to his co-workers. When a bag of candy was stolen out of his desk, he went on-line and ordered some jalapeno jelly beans - after all, he LIKED spicy food, so this would be a reasonable (for him) treat to keep at the office. The whole bag of them got stolen - but it was the last time anyone stole his food.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                                Do I want to even know how everybody found out about the Superman underwear?
                                He bent over. The undies rode up, the pants rode down, and we were prevented from seeing the horror of plumber's crack only by thin blue cotton emblazoned with little Superman logos.
                                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
                                X