Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband used to take soy milk into work and used to actually have a little fridge under his desk to keep it in rather than keeping it in the main fridge.

The one that annoyed me was when i was relatively new at one place. We had a communal fridge but normally only the milk was 'shared' between the office. Everything else was off limits. Well I put a bottle of caffeine free coke in there as I couldn't have caffeine at the time. One of the guys who was only in once every so often came in one day and started drinking it and then spent the entire time from 9am until lunch complaining about how bad it was. Being new I didn't have the balls to turn round to him and say 'well then stop drinking it and don't assume you have free access to everything in the fridge!'. My boss eventually did but the guy was still a smug ass for the rest of the afternoon when he'd gone and bought 'real' coke.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Please keep in mind this was over 20 years ago. One of my co-workers had her lunch stolen from the fridge 4 out of 5 days. Management did nothing to help. So I suggested (20+ years ago remember - would not do so today) that she plan to eat out a few days, but bring a lunch with 2 special additives. Ipecac (usually used to empty a stomach after poison is ingested) in the soup. and chocolate ex-lax in the brownies (another wave and I used the chocolate ex-lax method to stop the guys from stealing our personal baking when we were stationed on a tug. Everyone except the cook and the chief would take our properly labeled desserts for home.) She carefully labelled her lunch with her name as usual and a note saying basically 'this will make you sick if you steal it'. It took one missing lunch. Strangely, although we never found out who the thief was (and no, no one quit or was fired in the next couple days/weeks), NO other lunches disappeared from the fridge over the next couple years....
      Last edited by Teskeria; 07-15-2013, 12:09 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        The food theft story I liked most was about a "chile fiend" whose tastes were well-known to his co-workers. When a bag of candy was stolen out of his desk, he went on-line and ordered some jalapeno jelly beans - after all, he LIKED spicy food, so this would be a reasonable (for him) treat to keep at the office. The whole bag of them got stolen - but it was the last time anyone stole his food.
        I remember that one! I was thinking about it when I read this thread. And IIRC the guy in that story was a KNOWN chile-head too, and would always tell people just how spicy something was when they asked to try something of his.

That's why I posted about the anchovies... cos if it's something you would normally eat anyway, no matter how weird it is, a food-thief has no right to bitch about the stolen food not tasting good, or being too spicy.

Cos hey, I haven't had them in years but you know... I really DO like peanut butter & tuna fish on toast. And anchovies on pizza. I even tried the bacon milkshake things from sonic... (disappointing really - i couldn't taste the bacon at all! *pout*)
        Last edited by PepperElf; 07-15-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Just another reminder that we don't condone food tampering.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Seriously, two warnings in one thread? The next person to suggest, intimate, or straight out talk about food tampering is going to get an infraction.
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Well, this story just includes a note addressed to the thief.

I remember reading either in the forums here, or online, that someone posted a note to the lunch thief, addressing how they bet that the sandwich tasted great, but asked the thief to do them a small favor: to return their immuno-suppressive pills, or if not, they hope that the thief enjoys cold and flu season!
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Yes, a few times. I'm sure it was accidental, despite marking my name on the items - a lot of people eat the same brand of frozen lunch.

More often I can't even get my lunch in the fridge/freezer because people bring up a whole month of frozen dinners and take all the space.

Comment

I remember one time when I had the heck of a time taking these tiny pills. For some reason I always had them get caught at the back of my throat. So by recommendation I was told to put them in my jello. I marked the package, left a note IN my lunch box and still had my jello kinda disappear, the thief ate around the pill and then left what was left in my empty bag. What was fun was they were caught the second time it happened.

Comment

Fortunately, I've only had this happen once, this being at the library job - I'd brought a frozen dinner to work, and by the time my break came around, it had disappeared.

Comment

Passive Aggressive Notes had this little gem today. One man's creative approach to securing his soda in the refrigerator:

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.co...soda-stealing/
                      "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
                        One man's creative approach to securing his soda in the refrigerator...

Wow. Even welded the bolt and nut on the static side! Serious.

Also, reminded immediately of this.

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
                          We have the opposite problem at my office. Our break room fridge is a disgusting mess because a) we have refrigerator hogs who take up space with thermal lunch bags and fill the freezer with stacks of Lean Cuisines, and b) it never gets cleaned and there are always smelly old leftovers in there.

There are signs on the fridge about keeping it clean, and we keep getting emails about how it's going to be cleared out every Monday...hasn't happened yet.
                          The fridge at my work is the same way. Its disgusting. Most days it is so packed with people's half-finished cans and bottles of soda, Monsters, Rockstars ect. and the freezer full of microwave meals that its difficult finding room to put anything in there.

Our district manager visited yesterday, opened our fridge (packed to almost overflowing with the shit mentioned above) and proclaimed that it "looks good in there.". No, no it doesn't. That fridge is gross.

Comment

At a former job, a LONG time ago, there was a rash of lunch thefts over the course of several weeks. The thief got caught red-handed one night by two of the mechanics, and from what I understand, the thief was told that his job from that point forward would be very, VERY difficult to do.

He quit the next day.

Comment

Fridge theft is why I quit keeping things in it and switched to one of those little mini-coolers.

Conversely, said fridge at the office is still alwasy crammed full of containers, including thsoe thermal bags - I thought the point of the insualted ones was so you could stick an icepack in and not -have- to put it in the fridge?

Bah, people.
                              Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                              They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

We had a system at the department store I used to work at: if it's in the fridge, don't touch it unless it's yours. If it's left on the table, it's fair game. Everyone followed that rule so I never ended up being a victim of fridge theft.

Comment

Working...
                                X