This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT BEGINS

Our first Back to School ad started yesterday and notebooks, pencils, crayons and folders are flying out the doors.

Burn something in effigy for me.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

*Walks over, covered in soot*

Uhm, start running. >_>

*speeds away as a bunch of sirens wail in the background*
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We have set our BTS aisle, but we had a lot of stuff left over from last year. Our manager, who was not here last year, has decided to clearance the stuff from last year. Okay, fair enough. Cue the SCs who want to know "why is THIS folder $0.25 and THIS one $1.49????"

I had a lady today who got some portfolios (what the heck are those? in my day they were folders ... but now folders are something you cover your book with???). Anyway, they rang up at $1.79. Cue CBF. "Those are supposed to be $0.89 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're in the clearance area!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I said let me go check. I go the aisle and can't find ANY portfolios like what she got. I go back and she tisks and tuts, and tells her daughter to SHOW me where they were. Well, daughter & I go back to the aisle, and the $0.89 portfolios are NEXT to the ones she picked up. So we go back and tell her that. "Well I DON"T WANT THEM THEN!!!!!"

Okay, I get that buying school supplies is expensive. But really?? You're gonna have a conniption because the THREE portfolios you wanted to get were $0.90 more? You, who are wearing more gold and diamond jewelry than I have ever seen in my life, can't afford the $2.70? And you have to take it out on me?

I shudder thinking about what it's gonna be like in August

Comment

I was reading this thread and thinking it was relating to Christmas stuff.

(We Aussies deal with BTS crap in December/January)
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I love school supplies. I haven't been in school for years but my mother and I always have to sneak through the school supply section when the time comes around. This year my daughter goes to kindergarten and I'm secretly so excited to go shopping with her. I imagine all the art projects and crafts she'll make with her crayons and construction paper and all the empty notebooks just waiting to be filled. Happy sigh.
          But in the land of reality, I feel for the store workers. People are C.R.A.Z.Y. when it comes to supplies!

Comment

Our local schools start up here on the 19th of August, so we've had back-to-school stuff out for a month already :P
            "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
            -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
              We have set our BTS aisle, but we had a lot of stuff left over from last year. Our manager, who was not here last year, has decided to clearance the stuff from last year.
              We have bottles of glue that first arrived in the store when George W. Bush was still president.

The glue separated, so the bottles were taken to the service desk and the service desk gals spent their down time shaking the bottles so the glue could reconstitute.

Putting that stuff on clearance isn't an option. It just carries over from year to year.

Comment

I was at WalShart a little bit ago to get a new RX and I've been putting off my necessity shopping for weeks, so I figured I'd get in before afternoon.

Holy mother of 10 cent notebooks and folders.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth DaisyQueen View Post
                  I love school supplies. I haven't been in school for years but my mother and I always have to sneak through the school supply section when the time comes around.
                  So do I! I've got a flash drive fetish and you can pick up some real bargains on them.
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    I was at WalShart a little bit ago to get a new RX and I've been putting off my necessity shopping for weeks, so I figured I'd get in before afternoon.

Holy mother of 10 cent notebooks and folders.
                    I LOVE the 10 cent notebooks and folders! Sometimes I buy 15 or 20 of them all at once...

I'm gonna have to get myself a couple of 5-subject ones (good luck finding those for ten cents!) for my Calculus and Art classes.
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

One of the nice things about mas™ is the bundled school supplies.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        So do I! I've got a flash drive fetish and you can pick up some real bargains on them.
                        You can never have too many flash drives
                        (that reminds me, the casing on my main one is coming apart...)
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Three days into our first BTS ad, and SWEET COLLEGE RULE NOTEBOOK CHRIST.

Backpacks all over the basedecks, pencil pouches littering the floor, Batman and Monster High lunchboxes and thermoses everywhere.

Oh, and there's a loyalty coupon that starts Thursday but the mailer it's attached to has already been sent out. So people are trying to use these coupons and getting pissy when they're told they have to wait until Thursday to do so.

So not looking forward to August. Fortunately that's when vacation is.

Comment

BUT Irv.......................

Has the Christmas stuff started to come in YET??????
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              BUT Irv.......................
                              Has the Christmas stuff started to come in YET??????
                              Just.

Plain.

Mean.

And a third flashdrive junkie here. Glad I'm not alone.
                              Last edited by sms001; 08-17-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X