This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a sort of weird question

To briefly get into the situation - a few years back, my sister apparently told some relatives a story about my having given Jeremy (my daughter's father) either an STD or genital infection........supposedly caused by hygiene issues. I was not present when this subject initially came up, so I don't know exactly what was said, and while I know this did NOT happen, my question is............Would such an infection be possible? (I should probably mention that Jeremy was the first guy I'd been with)

Yes, it is possible. There are non-intercourse methods of transferring an STD. For example, AIDS can be spread through blood contact and drug users sharing needles. STDs can also be passed along during pregnancy to a child.

Are there any that you can "just catch" like you would a cold? None that I know of. But then again, I am not a doctor.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Well, I'm not sure exactly which STD/infection it was supposed to be, just that for whatever reason, he seemed to think he'd gotten it from me.

Comment

Is this a story your sister made up, or is this coming from Jeremy? If it is coming from Jeremy, get the details from Jeremy and get tested.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

As far as I was aware, yeast infections were the only STDs you could "just catch." I am not a doctor, though, so I could very well be wrong.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
          X