This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit young there aren't we?

So I've been training to become a swimming instructor.

At the end of the lesson, we give the kids a high five. Because there's me and another teacher at all times (duty of care), we tend to have the kids give two high fives: one to me and one to their regular instructor.

Today with me and one of the instructors (who is somewhat short), one of the girls went to high five their regular instructor and smacked me in the boob instead. (by accident)

I managed to suppress a giggle for a few minutes, then snorted before ducking out for a toilet break
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Wait until you are helping some kid swim and they accidentally pull down your bathing suit top.

Yes. It has happened to me, why do you ask?
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Wait until you are helping some kid swim and they accidentally pull down your bathing suit top.

Yes. It has happened to me, why do you ask?
      They've already thought of that. The instructors all wear a rash vest that identifies them as being instructors (The trainee vests are a bright blue, while the actual paid instructor vests are a dark blue with fluoro green sleeves).

In addition, a few of the female instructors wear one-piece suits. Although it'll be hilarious if someone accidentally pulls down the male instuctors boardies XD

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        They've already thought of that. The instructors all wear a rash vest that identifies them as being instructors (The trainee vests are a bright blue, while the actual paid instructor vests are a dark blue with fluoro green sleeves).

In addition, a few of the female instructors wear one-piece suits. Although it'll be hilarious if someone accidentally pulls down the male instuctors boardies XD
        I've noticed that all the female instructors at the Y here, where my girls go for their lessons, wear one-piece suits that look like they're on the more difficult end of "accidental malfunction." It's about a third of the other students who look like they're one sneeze away from losing part of their swimsuits.

The rash vests sound like a great idea.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          I've noticed that all the female instructors at the Y here, where my girls go for their lessons, wear one-piece suits that look like they're on the more difficult end of "accidental malfunction." It's about a third of the other students who look like they're one sneeze away from losing part of their swimsuits.

The rash vests sound like a great idea.
          Mine's a proper "activewear" type one-piece. We wear the rashies over the top of our swimsuits. Some of the girls wear boardies, however a few of us don't. One of the instructors (who primarily takes Level 1, but can take anything up to Level 8) wears a bikini and boardshorts, but then again, her kids are less likely to pull her top down .

If your Y has a feedback box, I'd strongly suggest the idea. The instructors at the YMCA down here wear highway worker orange rash vests with "INSTRUCTOR" printed on the back of them. The lifeguards wear bright yellow polo shirts with "Lifeguard" printed on the back in red letters.

Most of the kids at the pool are awesome in terms of bathers and whatnot. The age group I get is around 5-8. They're adorable.

And also because I'm starting the transition process from working in Level 4 to working in Level 3, some of the kids I've seen in Level 3 who move up to Level 4, end up coming into my Level 4 class and seem to transition much easier because they see a familiar face.

(at a minimum, I'm required to be able to run 3 different stages through the learn to swim program on my own effectively before I can get my certificate)

ETA: I'm sort of being deliberately vague with the names of the classes, because while they all have cute little animal names, I don't want someone to be able to draw a link between the place I'm training at and here. Basically there's 2 Infant classes, then a Kindy class, then they start with the Levels 1-8. After that it's the Squads. I'm not involved with the babies classes due to the fact that you need a separate certificate for that.
          Last edited by fireheart; 06-12-2012, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X