Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't win with the weather (flowchart)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't win with the weather (flowchart)

So, it's getting kinda warmish, and the weather here in our lovely Pacific NW is getting to be a bit more bipolar than usual. And I can't seem to win. Jacket? No jacket? It doesn't matter! So I made a flowchart that details this.

I swear this is accurate 90% of the time. Am I the only one that has luck this bad?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

You left off option (3): Street theater ecdysiast.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

HA! I live in BC, so your flowchart is accurate for us too :-)

Comment

Quoth PawnPrincess Ardra View Post
        HA! I live in BC, so your flowchart is accurate for us too :-)
        I can vouch. Such is life in the PNW. Its threatening to rain right now and I have to drive to Victoria in 2 hours. I pray it DOESN'T..... does anybody know a sacrifice that actually will appease the Rain Gods and encourage them to take pity on me? I haven't been to Vic in 10 years and never to the area I'm heading to.
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Ah, Victoria. A place with too many people that I go to every few years to remember why I like to stay in less populated areas LOL

Comment

Love your flowchart.

Last week I had windows open, and brought my electric fans up from the basement. Yesterday, I put on a sweatshirt and only barely managed to convince myself not to turn the heat on.

Howdy, neighbor.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Love your flowchart too.

I usually short-circuit the outcome, though, by bringing an umbrella. With very very rare exceptions, if I bring an umbrella, it doesn't rain, but if I forget one, it pours. The most recent exception was Hubby's university graduation, but since I had my umbrella I was prepared and thus not drenched.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Thats like where I live in Florida. My poor manager got soaked just walking 50 ft from his truck to the store, after having to blow dry his shirt cause his dryer broke. And it was of course super cold in the store that day.

Comment

The weather here in the Pacific Northwest is pretty similar to what we had when we lived in the UK. Main difference is that here it seems to be a matter of pride not to use an umbrella, they're for wimps & tourists it seems. The Brits, on the other hand, have theirs handy, and don't hesitate to use them, and are ever so much more comfortable than the poor American tourists.

I keep one in my car, at least, at all times.

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

That's very accurate for the NW. Right now it's colder than hell in the morning and by afternoon it's heating up to the point of feeling meh.

drives me crazy.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Umbrellas are for f***ing tourists! Blech! No local would be caught dead with an umbrella!
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                        Umbrellas are for f***ing tourists! Blech! No local would be caught dead with an umbrella!
                        I learned this the hard way when I first moved here - the wind just turns them inside out anyways.

I don't know how long you've lived here, but I miss the one true sign that summer is here and you can leave your coat at home. Yup, gold bikini lady. I wonder whatever happened to her...

*auntiem - who got drenched on Thursday and cooked in my car today

Comment

If you were too self-conscious to carry an umbrella, what about an "emergency" raincoat? Clear plastic, one size, and stores in a small pouch wherever. Don't have to whip it out unless (and until) you fear being drenched.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I always have an umbrella in my backpack, and whenever I'm heading to work, I have my backpack. Simple, no muss, no fuss, I'm prepared.

As for a jacket, seriously, how tough is it to take it with you and wrap it around your waist by the sleeves? If you need it, you have it. Alternatively, if you're wearing it and it heats up, how tough is it, and how long can it really take, to take the jacket off and wrap it around your waist? I was at Johnson Space Center this weekend. THAT is rocket science. THIS is not.

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                            Right now it's colder than hell in the morning and by afternoon it's heating up to the point of feeling meh.
                            Dealt with the same thing all the time in school in Arizona. Simple solution even us high schoolers could figure out: in the morning, on our way to school, we'd wear a jacket, extra flannel shirt, sweatshirt, whatever. In the afternoon, on our way home from school, when it had warmed up (and the disparity in the desert was often as much as 30-40 degrees F between the two times of day), we either left said extra gear in our locker, or took it home with us in our backpack.

Okay, I lie. Typically we'd leave it in our locker, because we were lazy, and after a few weeks, we'd have to leave our books behind and take home our locker full of laundry that had accumulated. But still, it wasn't that tough a concept.

Weather changes. How many places have you been where a common local saying is "If you don't like the weather in [Wherever], wait five minutes"? So, we deal with it. Yeah, it sucks that the weather is playing you like a yo-yo, but rise above it, folks.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                            X