This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Miss Marple of Body Language

I didn't like people getting too close to me before COVID-19.

But the other day this woman kept approaching me as she was asking me where something was. I backed away, because most customers are savvy enough to get the message without me having to ask them. If they have a question, they don't need to be close enough to inspect my tonsils. But she kept advancing until I said, "Stop."

She looked at me like the numerous signs on the floor and people wearing masks just didn't exist in her little world. The best part was she was with a guy who was wearing a mask, so maybe her time machine was parked outside and he was her guide to the year 2020.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Loved your title.

I live in an apartment building that is open only to seniors -- you have to be at least 50 to get in at all. It's amazing how many people here don't wear masks, don't take basic precautions ... and at least one, who has always walked up closely to people when speaking to them STILL does it. She cornered me in the laundry room once; I kept backing away (I work in a grocery store, lady!!) but she wasn't getting the hint. I had one of those "grocery buggies" that I used to drag my laundry back and forth, and finally sat down and put it in front of me to make a physical barrier.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
    X