This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dear universe...(slightly squicky)

When I said I was waiting on the other shoe to drop...I didn't mean on my head, lungs, or throat....

I've been having a lingering cough and sinus congestion since about the second week in December...coincidently the week of final exams for college.

Last night I finally went to a doctor after I noticed blood trickling out of my right ear (a shock alone there since my left ear has always been the trouble maker). Turns out that was nothing more then an irritation brought on by q-tip use.

What worried the doctor was the fact he had me do some deep breaths while using what had to be the coldest stethoscope in history, and I could take more then a half breath without coughing.

Turns out the lack of hearing (came from the bleeding), was because my sinuses had drained into my ear and got stuck behind the ear drum....oh and I have a mild upper respiratory infection.

oh and when he looked into my ears, I told him I was used to my left ear giving me problems since I've had many an ear infection in it over my lifetime....he looks in it and says "WoW! you weren't kidding..."

I hate going to doctors on sheer principle, but I loved some of their reactions to simple questions like
    when was the last time you had a flu shot?... 1988
    Do you smoke? no
    Do you drink? not hardly enough to truly count....~doctor looks at me funny~ I drink one glass of wine a month
    Any chance you could be pregnant (yes I'm female)? Nope, but if you find I am please contact the nearest church.
    Last edited by Sarlon; 02-02-2014, 12:20 AM.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Quoth Sarlon View Post
    I hate going to doctors on sheer principle, but I loved some of their reactions to simple questions.
    It's quite fun, isn't it? Making doctors go 'O.o'. That's what happened with this whole mess with my shunt. Twice, actually. The first was telling my neurosurgeon that I actually have/had two shunts in there instead of just one. The second was telling a PA about all the surgeries I've had for my medical history (note- it's in the double digits).

*hugs and gives tea* Sorry to hear about all of this, though. It sounds horrible.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
    X