This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DO NOT DO THAT - or how to get kicked between your legs

So my husband and I went to pick up supplies today for the hotel. Generally this means a wholesaler run for food for breakfast. We pick it up and drive to work and I get out of the car.

And within a second, there's this guy whose pretty much ambushed me. I mean seriously... he's maybe 6 inches from my face and wanting the packages of food I'm pulling out of the car (no weapon thank goodness).

I out right told him to go away and my husband seeing this said the same thing. We said it several times.

I personally think the man is lucky I didn't knee him in the groin and he was able to leave cursing us out. He's lucky I didn't have a taser or he'd have been twitching in the ground.

What the hell is wrong with someone that they'd do something like that?

I'm thinking about getting a taser now. We're lucky he didn't have a knife or a gun.

Dunno. Desperate? Unemployed, homeless? Doesn't excuse it, of course. Glad you're okay!!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, it scared the daylights out of me. It was such a fast invasion of space. For all I knew, he had a knife or a gun or something.

Comment

Seriously scary! Glad you're okay and your husband was present.

I don't know about a taser; it's rather hard to handle one while you're handling a food parcel as well. Perhaps you should've just kneed him in the groin. Still, he left, and you're unhurt.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You reacted better than I would. I would have had an automatic "OUT SPACE MY NOW GET". I haaaaate strangers in my personal space.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            I don't know about a taser; it's rather hard to handle one while you're handling a food parcel as well.
            they're also illegal in many states and countries. check your local laws first.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              You reacted better than I would. I would have had an automatic "OUT SPACE MY NOW GET". I haaaaate strangers in my personal space.
              King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

(Sorry, I know this is a serious thread, but that was where my mind went first!)
              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Tasers are legal in my state but that's a good point about my hands being full.

The only reason I didn't knee him is because my husband was there. But my god... PERSONAL SPACE-GETOUT. Holy crap, its bad enough when nice meaning people do that but when you're just there to harass me for something... grrrr.

I'm huge on my personal space. I don't know what was going on in this guys head.

Comment

If hubby was there with me, the guy would have had more important things to worry about than the stuff I had. Mainly a large barrel bore.
                  "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Definitely a knee in the groin situation, I would not have blamed you!!

Comment

A tazer is a good choice. But be sure to do research into the specific type you want. (ranged or hand-held, voltage, brand, ect)

Personally, I keep a Smith&Wesson 1911 as a conceal carry weapon. Not a good idea for everyone (local laws, your personality type, expense, ect.), but is an option of last resort. Normally, you do not even need to fire the thing as criminals s**t their pants just seeing it. But again, it is not a good choice for every persom.

I also suggest mace, again though due diligence in types and brands.

Personally, I carry a CS gas grenade (aerosol tear gas). Mainly, if I am attacked, I can pop tear gas and run like he**. There is no shame in a tactical withdraw (running for your life). But again, these are expensive, as you need to do basic training with them and canisters run $6 a pop. As with firearms, local laws may prevent you from using "riot-control gas" inside city limits (I go out to my farm to use mine, or if I am trying to build an immunity, I will hot-box myself in a shed. don't do that without proper safety equipment though, like Oxygen tanks and gas masks. On second though, you should not do that without an official trainer. Law-enforcement training facilities sometimes let civilians do some of their courses, ask them.)
                      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Holy crap Gilhelmi, remind me never to startle you. You'd blow us both up. I don't want to kill anyone, just scare them off.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                          King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

(Sorry, I know this is a serious thread, but that was where my mind went first!)
                          Mine too, if some didn't post it I was going to.

But yeah that would've scared the shit out of me.
                          ......../\
                          ....../__\
                          ..../\...../\
                          ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                            Holy crap Gilhelmi, remind me never to startle you. You'd blow us both up. I don't want to kill anyone, just scare them off.
                            Nah, I am very safe and WELL TRAINED. No matter the option you go with get trained. It sounds like you are leading towards a Tazer.

I can not believe I was so careless when making my first recommendation, Training is Paramount. Even on Mace and Tazers training is key to actually doing what you need to do if the time comes.

So no matter your choice, get WELL TRAINED.
                            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
                            X