This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth That Guy View Post

Most Australian wildlife tend to be very dangerous when irritated, Koala's have are often known to attack farm animals. (Fun fact: Koala Bears are normally drunk, this brings the question of just how bored the police in firehart's state must have been to try to breath test them in the first place.)
    Wait, what?! O.o
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      Wait, what?! O.o
      The story of drunken Koala's was told to me by a high school teacher that had grown up on kangaroo island, in theory they should be someone who would know if the story is true or not. From a quick Google search it looks like this is one of those myths that Australian's seem to love so much, I would not however be surprised to find out that the police really did breath test the Koala's.

The stories of Koala bears attacking farm animals come from some of my farmer/outback friends. From my experience with other Australian wildlife, the Koala's 'attack' was most likely the result of the Koala being startled or the farm animal thinking it was lunch. My apologies if I made it sound like Koala Bears act more like a predator animal.

Comment

They predate rather heavily on eucalyptus leaves!

But yes, those claws are designed to dig into the trunks of trees. Note that Australia has trees with common names like "Ironbark". That particular tree earned its name. Koalas can climb it.

Short form: don't surprise, attack, or threaten a koala. Their teeth aren't much of a threat, being herbivore teeth. But they have CLAWS FROM HELL.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          North Queensland needs stonefish. But I guess non-Aussies wouldn't know what they are. (Worse than sharks, folks.)
          Bottom-dwelling fish that look like rocks (hence the name), with venemous spines in their dorsal fins (i.e. you DON'T want to step on one).
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Bottom-dwelling fish that look like rocks (hence the name), with venemous spines in their dorsal fins (i.e. you DON'T want to step on one).
            We are a deadly country...
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Australia! Where the spiders are so big they need health bars
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

At my parents place we used to call the big ones "Albert" (usually huntsmans)
                Would just chill on the ceiling, keeping out of the way
                Dog would occasionally eat one if it went low enough

Comment

my husband calls huntsmen "Gladys" after Gladys Moncreiff (watch "the odd angry shot" look for the scene it the bar with the US troops)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    10/10. Good work.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Plus there are the gympie stinger (aka moonlighter) trees....
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                      X