This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help :D

I have become addicted (somewhat) to changing my desktop wallpaper. In the last 4 days I've went through 12 wallpapers. Lightning (current one), Ghost wolf with wings, Tiger with glowing blue eyes with wings, Waterfalls (3 different ones), Ocean w/fish and dolphins, Kracken (spelling), Nightmare (the flaming hoof, breathing fire horse kind), and Wizard summoning Lightning. Sooo many beautiful backgrounds + OCD = an issue.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

www.artofgregmartin.com

Comment

Doesn't exactly help any Just gives me more backgrounds to choose from.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

LOL, love you, my friend. Mine are pictures I took, mostly.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Don't know how well this works though
          http://download.cnet.com/Wallpaper-R...-10965612.html

Comment

Use a slide show to change the wall every few hours.
            "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

If you're using Win7/8, it has a built-in theme feature -- just fill a folder with your desired backgrounds, make a new theme that points to that folder, and set it timer for whatever interval you prefer. Right-click an empty spot on the Desktop and hit Personalize to access it.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

*nods* Anybody else have an obsession with new wallpapers/backgrounds? Though I will admit I am like a child. The brighter/more colorful the better.

My current background : http://ev-r-more578.deviantart.com/a...Fire-182403931
                Last edited by Mytical; 01-28-2014, 02:49 PM.

Comment

John's Background Switcher

Point it to your favourite sources of pictures, and it will update your wallpaper automatically as often as you like. One of my very favourite utilities.
                  There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

I change mine every day. Usually to another hot guy Gotta see them somewhere, after all...
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      I change mine every day. Usually to another hot guy Gotta see them somewhere, after all...
                      Just for you, third one down. http://muddycolors.blogspot.com/2011/09/overlap.html

*ducks and covers my head* Don't hurt me! I couldn't resist!!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        If you're using Win7/8, it has a built-in theme feature -- just fill a folder with your desired backgrounds, make a new theme that points to that folder, and set it timer for whatever interval you prefer. Right-click an empty spot on the Desktop and hit Personalize to access it.
                        I LOVE that feature in Win7. I currently have about 10000 pictures on my rotation that include picture I have taken, pics of space type things, a bunch of Vargas type pinup pics, etc
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I only rarely change my wallpapers. Whenever I get sick of them, a new one comes out or the season changes.

My primary sources are Vlad Studio and NMSmith (he's on DeviantArt), though if I could find a decent source of those otherworldly 'big planet in the sky' wallpapers I'd use those too.

What makes it more fun is that my computers at work are dual-screen, and Vlad makes papers specially for that size. ^^ plus a few of his are maps of the world, which is highly appropriate for my job!
                          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Today's wallpaper is a cup of coffee:
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_lilith/12158230275/

And... I can't run this at work, but at home I use Dexclock (Songsof Dragon's mention of Vlad Studio reminded me of it.... Vlad Studio has awesome wallpaper clocks that Dexclock can use!)
                            http://dexpot.de/dexclock.php
                            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

For some of his earlier work, vuni.net. LOT of good space themed backgrounds here. Gorgeous.

Comment

Working...
                              X