Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing on this SuperBowl Sunday?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing on this SuperBowl Sunday?

I am watching the TooCute! marathon on Animal Planet, until the Puppy Bowl comes on at 3:00. Though I have to run out to the store at some point. I may or may not put the game on later for the commercials.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Watching the hockey games; go habs, hoping the red wings lose (private rivalry at work).
    I know less about football than I do about kangaroo hunting.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I'm thinking errands will wait until after the Puppy Bowl. I figure people will be at their SuperBowl parties by then. Plus that gives me time to finish laundry and organize my shopping list.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Been sitting around all day watching tv and playing on the net.

After a quick bite at home, will be meeting up with a coworker downtown for some pregaming, ie drinking.

At 5:00 we'll be heading to a beachside bar to watch the game, eat, and drink. Said bar will have three massive eight foot tv's to watch the game on. Unlimited food and drink, as we paid a flat fee.

I WOULD have been watching the game at the same bar I watched it at the last two years, but they had sold out their tickets (same idea--flat fee, unlimited food and drink) by the time I inquired about it. Bummed, but found a good alternative, and will be living it up on the beach.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I'll be at work. Just means I'll have to watch this year's commercials later.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Been sitting around all day watching tv and playing on the net.

After a quick bite at home, will be meeting up with a coworker downtown for some pregaming, ie drinking.

At 5:00 we'll be heading to a beachside bar to watch the game, eat, and drink. Said bar will have three massive eight foot tv's to watch the game on. Unlimited food and drink, as we paid a flat fee.

I WOULD have been watching the game at the same bar I watched it at the last two years, but they had sold out their tickets (same idea--flat fee, unlimited food and drink) by the time I inquired about it. Bummed, but found a good alternative, and will be living it up on the beach.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
            And I'm seriously jealous, and I hate to say it, but your Seahawks are going down!

Tonight I'll be hanging out with the kids and a tomato free version of super nachos watching the game in the living room. No drinking for me, unfortunately. That will have to wait until next weekend.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Hubby is having a SB party at our house. I'm going out for dinner with a friend for a bit then will be joining in the party after! We don't follow football (more of a hockey fan, Leafs to be specific) but like having a good party. Plus we are looking forward to seeing the big game on our new big TV!

Plus my hubby makes fantastic chilli!

ExArtShopSlave

Comment

I'm putting off homework while I do laundry and hack up unspeakable brown things with a harsh, barking cough. It started with a scratchy throat on Wednesday and has gone progressively downhill.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

We had lunch at a pizza place, husband went to the lab and I played Kirby's Epic Yarn with the kid, and about 6 games of Uno. Now, thankfully, he's watching TV!

When the man of the house gets back he'll likely put the game on for background noise (and commercials) but we don't geek out about the Super Bowl, really.
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Kids are watching Dr. Dolittle (with rex harrison). Hubs is working and I am running raids with guildees.
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Been watching a Mythbusters marathon and puttering with prep for dinner.

We have a hotpot, and are planning on doing a steamboat in a couple hours.
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

*I* get to be DELIVERING PIZZA...

Comment

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
                          *I* get to be DELIVERING PIZZA...
                          Good luck and godspeed!

I'm idling about with the television and radio firmly in the off position, getting some game figures assembled, and contemplating going out for a late lunch. Avoid any place with 'sports' in the name, but restaurant TV might be alright. Surely the pre-pre-pre-game analysis analysis is over by now...
                          Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                          They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Left home this morning (around 7) here in cental MN to go to Hudson Wisconsin for a beer run (-18 when I left). Stopped at my parents to pick up my birth certificate - to get a passport. Had some business stops in the cities. Home now. Finally off to a big game party with TONS of food.
                            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I'll be following the game while I'm at work. GO HAWKS! We're showing the game in our restaurant, one of the banquet rooms, and the theatre at work, and we're opening up another banquet space for munchies for guests to nosh on outside of the restaurant. Got 12th man flags up at The Resort hotel and our golf courses!

Hubby's going to a game at the clubhouse at the private gated community he works at which members and staff are invited to.
                              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                              X