Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to deal with saying no to verbally abusive people wanting to movein (swearing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what social workers are for. Social workers, the disability care system, the elder care system. Granted, it may be difficult (ranging from 'difficult' to 'impossible') to get into the system and to get useful help from the system; depending on how much supply there is vs demand where you are.

Places to start include her doctor, the family court, and the local elder care charities and/or government system. If any of you are in a religious congregation (of any religion!), your pastor, priest, minister, rabbi, imam, etc is likely to be able to help as well: many religions have social support as part of their sphere of responsibility.

Edit to add: without a formal declaration of guardianship or medical power of attorney, the doctor (rightly!) will not tell you anything about her medical condition. But she will want what's best for her patient, and may have options you didn't know about. (Options she can offer without breaching confidentiality, I mean.)
    Last edited by Seshat; 05-30-2015, 09:38 PM.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post

I should write a book, I'd make a fucking fortune.
      Trilogy, at least. Or a movie script! Turn all this into a comedy, and you'd never have to work again . . .

Comment

Working...
      X