Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugs and that's the way to go. Don't forget - contact utilities this week for payment plans, reduced rates etc. It's a very daunting project, but you will http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I SURVIVE
    Last edited by Der Cute; 06-13-2012, 04:49 AM. Reason: messing html
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I actually am going back into the lions den government offices tomorrow for help with utilities and such. I know with how much is made here we should qualify. For 3 people all told, we make less then the baseline of poverty for ONE person.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Good good. Did you take in all your req. docs today and be really prepared?

Comment

Yep. I marched in, and while not being an SC, made as through a case as I could. Now mind you, all I got from them is the lists of charities, and that they are finding out my status on medicaid and foodstamps (why I am getting so little foodstamps, and where my appeal for medicaid is at)..and had to fill out for emergency assistance and the like..but had all my ducks in a row.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
            Yep. I marched in, and while not being an SC, made as through a case as I could. Now mind you, all I got from them is the lists of charities, and that they are finding out my status on medicaid and foodstamps (why I am getting so little foodstamps, and where my appeal for medicaid is at)..and had to fill out for emergency assistance and the like..but had all my ducks in a row.
            Good! The charity list is for immediate triage. Because this govt paperwork shit will take a bit to do. Give the dept til Monday to work on your case stuff; call or visit back on Monday and find out WTF is going on. Keep on your case, and I've got faith you'll not be an SC.
            Hugs!

Comment

I'd get Meidcare instead of Medicaid if you can, they have better coverage. My mom has it for her health problems.

Comment

I am not sure I can...don't think I am old enough..could be wrong though.

Comment

Well, have to wait in line for two hours (I brought my own chair)..but all but my Nurontin (spelling) is being paid for now. I am working on that one too..so that is a GOOD thing.

As for food stamps, we figured out how bad the government had it's behind up it's posterior. Somehow they thought we were only paying $150 (rounded) a month for our Mortgage Where they got this number, unless it was from said Posterior is anybody's guess. We have NEVER paid that low for our Mortgage, once we got the proof of how much we paid..things have supposedly improved (we shall see next month)

Comment

I'm glad to see there is some light breaking through the clouds, Mytical. Will cross my fingers for you that it continues.

And wow, $150 for a mortgage payment ... think I'll run out and buy myself a house!

Comment

It can happen. There have been perfectly good houses around here going for the price of a moderate car. Depending on how much you put down...
                      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Thank goodness you have gotten your Neurontin paid for. What dosage are you on? Hubby is on 900 mg three times a day and it makes a world of difference in the pain levels.

Comment

Right now 800 three times a day, but they are thinking of going the max amount of 1200 three times a day. It is a bit expensive. There is a program from the maker, however, that I should qualify for that will pay for it..sending it to my doctor for me to pick up.

Comment

That is what we had to do for Hubby at first. With my insurance through the union it is running us $40 a month. There has been talk to up his to 1200 mg three times a day. Hubby, at first, was getting it totally free because he was one of the test subjects for using it for nerve pain. They actually had him up to 1800 mg 3 times a day before he started having undesirable side effects

Comment

damn, and I have been whinging about the cost of 300 mg 3x ....
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

With a discount card (not sure how much it saved) for 30 day supply it cost $38. I don't even want to fathom what 1200 3x a day would cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X