Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far expecting fudge from one person here (who until they say otherwise shall remain anonymous), and a care package from another (ditto). I am honestly overwhelmed by the warm thoughts and generosity.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Mytical, you still should look at going thru the manufacturer to get them free. It is one medicine that is used for nerve pain that should not hurt your liver. One thing Hubby has found out, is that if you stop it cold turkey (he ran out and had to wait a day and a half until i got paid) it can cause really bad itching

Comment

I still am. Have the paperwork on my computer..just have to print it out, fill it out, and turn it in to my doc.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

W00! Progress, progress. Keep up the good work on hounding the schmucks. By the end of this month you'll have the stamps ready to rock. Those are just cooking in the background. Meds, meds, meds.
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

211 is your friend. It was where I got my info on clinics, charities, food banks, etc before I got on SSDI.

Comment

Myt, if food is still a problem, you might look into asking at the nearest LDS meetinghouse if you can get food from the bishop's storehouse. You'll have to speak to the bishop of that ward, and it'll be up to him and possibly one of the other local leaders whether you qualify (or what your need level is), and there's a chance you'll be asked to pay with service, but it's an option. You can find the nearest meetinghouse at lds.org (the quick links on the lower-left has a "meetinghouse locator" which should be able to give you a phone number. PM me if you want more info.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                So far expecting fudge from one person here (who until they say otherwise shall remain anonymous)
                waaaatch the pooooost <spoooky voice>
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Kogarashi..when I was healthy I volunteered at "Our Fathers Kitchen" which is a food pantry. Now that I am ill, they help us out once a week..it is not much..but every little bit helps.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Kogarashi..when I was healthy I volunteered at "Our Fathers Kitchen" which is a food pantry. Now that I am ill, they help us out once a week..it is not much..but every little bit helps.
                    Awesome. Glad to hear you've got that square daway.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Mytical; have you looked into having the food DELIVERED to you? I volunteer at a food bank, and we deliver once a week to a bunch of people who are house-bound. Many reasons they're on that list, but they get about 2 grocery bags full of stuff.
                      Oh, and check the food banks. You might be able to hit one the first week of month, another the 2nd week, etc. That will help you too.

Did ya get a hold of utilities yet, and go check out charities to help pay for that?
                      Oh. Internet might be "discounted" or less expensive with your ISP. Look into that. Because if I lost my internet I would implode.

Do you feel so shocked now, are you feeling like you're accomplishing something and not so overwhelmed? I would.

Comment

I've done what I can with the utilities and such, rest is up to the people who's name they are in (my folks) They go monday to see what they can see.

As for home bound delivery..I am trying to keep as active as my body will let me, so I am going to them until I can't. I've made some big strides in getting things better..hopefully things will continue to improve now.

Comment

Check out the PPARX. They are the Partnership for Prescription Assistance. I used to work for a patient assistance program (PAP). Many of the big pharma offer medication for free to people with limited means and it often doesn't require much. I know the program I helped just needed a prescription, a filled out application, and proof of income (and the guidelines gave you a nice margin... household of 1 had to make under 30k, household of 2 under 40k, so forth...) and even if you were outside you could appeal and they'd often still accept you.

Try this. That could be 13 medications you are getting for free or very cheap. PPARX is a free service.
                          "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Quoth Heksubah View Post
                            Check out the PPARX. They are the Partnership for Prescription Assistance. I used to work for a patient assistance program (PAP). Many of the big pharma offer medication for free to people with limited means and it often doesn't require much. I know the program I helped just needed a prescription, a filled out application, and proof of income (and the guidelines gave you a nice margin... household of 1 had to make under 30k, household of 2 under 40k, so forth...) and even if you were outside you could appeal and they'd often still accept you.

Try this. That could be 13 medications you are getting for free or very cheap. PPARX is a free service.
                            Free service is not always true. Recently (within a month) I was online there poking around at some of my own drugs. I read up on the application for it, and PPARX was going to charge me a fee to send it to them. I went straight to the mfg's page, found the app, no fee, etc.
                            YMMV

Comment

Went to get groceries and a fathers day card today for my father...so I was walking from the car to the store. I swear I could see a turtle passing me, looking back, and saying "Man that guy is SLOW!" *sighs* I don't walk like a penguin anymore, but even hurrying as fast as I can .. it is hard to cross at a crosswalk. By the time I get to the other side the 'walk sign' has already changed to a red hand, even if I start right when it turns to the 'walk sign'.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                                Went to get groceries and a fathers day card today for my father...so I was walking from the car to the store. I swear I could see a turtle passing me, looking back, and saying "Man that guy is SLOW!" *sighs* I don't walk like a penguin anymore, but even hurrying as fast as I can .. it is hard to cross at a crosswalk. By the time I get to the other side the 'walk sign' has already changed to a red hand, even if I start right when it turns to the 'walk sign'.
                                That's partly the sign's fault. There are some here that barely allow 10 seconds to cross the street. Hang in there, Mytical. You've been through a lot...it's going to take time to get back to strength.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X