This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosplay ideas

So roomie and I want to get together some cosplays for DragonCon next year. Today I mentioned a Halloween party that a local radio station puts on and if we had our cosplays costumes together by then we maybe we should go.
    My problem is I have no idea what to do. Currently my hair is purple, and I'm not married to the color, but I thought it'd be cool to do a cosplay of a character with purple hair. Now I'm not a huge anime fan (roomie is though) so I don't have the knowledge of the possible characters to cosplay as.
    If I could find a character with short purple hair it doesn't matter to me the gender. I'd prefer female or gender nonspecific/gender neutral character though. My only requirement is that the costume isn't too slutty.
    Just thought I'd throw it out there for any ideas you awesome people had. And thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

I was going to say Claudia from Warehouse 13, but it turns out she has red hair with green, blue, purple, or pink streaks.

Comment

That'd be a cool cosplay but dying my own hair purple is difficult enough. Lol. And that brings up a good point. I only mentioned anime as a starting point. And cause they tend to have more characters with crazy colored hair.

Comment

While anime has the crazy colors, they do tend to be very unnatural. Not your shade of purple (by the way, nice color).

I wouldn't use that as a limiting factor. Choose something you like and get a wig that matches. Your hair length will be more of a problem (which will work nice for a wig) than the color. You may find yourself limited to male military.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

With short hair like that, if you want to cosplay, get a wig for whoever you decide on.

I used to do wigs for my Halloween costumes because my hair is pretty boring and flat and it takes quite a bit of effort to make it look interesting. With long hair, putting a wig on is a bit of a chore, but with a pixie, it's just a matter of getting it settled.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think with the right wig you could pull off a good Tifa (Final Fantasy). There is a database somewhere that lets you select your normal things (eyes, hair, age, etc) and gives you options..but I can't think of the url (sorry).

Ah here it is...http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/search.php not sure what/how many characters they offer though, or if they are any good.
            Last edited by Mytical; 07-15-2012, 06:53 PM.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical
              Ah here it is...http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/search.php not sure what/how many characters they offer though, or if they are any good.
              I came across that myself Myt. Thanks.

Comment

Now that it's decided that I should wear a wig my potential cosplays increased by a lot. I want to do a couple different characters too if possible (possibly reusing one element from one costume for another).
                Way too many characters to possibly cosplay. :P

By the way Myt: the other day after you made your suggestion that I cosplay Tifa I looked her up. Cool character. I'll seriously consider cosplaying her. ^_^

Comment

Rose. The sorceress from Street Fighter. Her hair is purple.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Tifa is one of my favorites, so if you cosplay her..send a pic please . I want to see how right I am about you making a good Tifa. Really want to impress? Aeris (spelling) of Final Fantasy fame (one of the only 'good' PLAYABLE characters to ever permanently die in a Final Fantasy game).

Heh you'd need a blond wig, to be absolutely nuts, and probably have suffered a concussion to consider this..but Tank Girl. I think you would make an even better Tank Girl then you would a Tifa. Pulling off the costume and hair would take major talent though.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Kristev
                      Rose. The sorceress from Street Fighter. Her hair is purple.
                      Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to check her out.

Quoth Mytical
                      Tifa is one of my favorites, so if you cosplay her..send a pic please . I want to see how right I am about you making a good Tifa. Really want to impress? Aeris (spelling) of Final Fantasy fame (one of the only 'good' PLAYABLE characters to ever permanently die in a Final Fantasy game).

Heh you'd need a blond wig, to be absolutely nuts, and probably have suffered a concussion to consider this..but Tank Girl. I think you would make an even better Tank Girl then you would a Tifa. Pulling off the costume and hair would take major talent though.
                      Oooo. My roommate wants me to be Tank Girl. I would have shaved my head into a Mohawk but my store manager was less then enthusiastic about that. He's ok with the color though. :P
                      I still think Tank Girl would be awesome.
                      (one night I came home from work and my roommate was like 'you have to watch this movie! The main character is flipping awesome.' She thinks I'd *be* tank girl in a post apocalyptic world.
                      Last edited by dragon_wings; 07-20-2012, 01:16 AM.

Comment

One possibility for doing Tank Girl is to get a skull cap, cut some strategic holes in it, and pull bits of hair through.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin
                          One possibility for doing Tank Girl is to get a skull cap, cut some strategic holes in it, and pull bits of hair through.

^-.-^
                          That's brilliant. I'll have to let my hair go back to its normal color (dark blonde) and bleach it before I go (to the Halloween party and/or Dragon*con).

Comment

Working...
                          X