Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fictional person: Mike Callahan. Surprised nobody else mentioned him yet.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Real Person Living: Gordon Ramsey; he seems like a really interesting fellow and someone who can 1) hold an intelligent conversation, and 2) is pretty down to earth in spite of his success.

Real Person Dead: Not my father, actually. It would be too emotional for me to enjoy it. Robert A. Heinlein, my favorite sci fi author, the cantankerous old bastard.

Fictional Person: Hmm. Hard one. The Doctor might be cool, but I'd be too busy scoping out the Tardis. I think I'd have to go with Jean Luc Picard. He's a guy who's had a lot of adventure and tons of great stories, but is well educated and urbane at the same time, and we share a love of history and archaeology.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Thought of him and then quickly discarded the notion; from that universe, I'd much rather have a drink and chat with Lady Sally.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          I wanna listen to the crew on Punday Night.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Real Person Living: The Queen of England - I would love to know what goes on in her head.

Real Person Dead: My father-in-law. He died before I met my hubby so I never knew him. Hubby always says we would have hit it off.

Fictional person: Jimmy the Hand. Character from Raymond E Feists Midkemia series of books. A thief, a rouge and a scoundrel, and the right hand of the prince - Awesome guy!
            "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
            "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
            "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

real person living-Gary Bussey, second choice Barry Weiss(from storage wars)
              Real person dead-Christopher Hitchens, second choice John Lennon
              Fictional person-Hagrid, second choice Murphy McManus(boondock saints)
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

And I don't know if my comment makes me a purist. I'd go for the title of "Semanticist," though. And I have no idea if that's actually a word or if I just made it up. I do notice, however, that my computer did NOT highlight it as an incorrect word.

It just reminded me of a scene in Scarecrow & Mrs. King in season 1 where Amanda referred to herself as a "Junior Agent" and Lee corrected her with "*apprentice* Agent". ... and Amanda's grin & reply of "Purist!"

Comment

Real person living - Billy Connolly. He just seems like the sort of guy you could just sit and listen to him tell stories about his life and where he's been for hours.

Real person dead - Freddie Mercury. I'd love to hear where some of his inspiration came from and listen to his stories about being the frontman for Queen.

Fictional person - I had this all sorted in my brain until my boyfriend came up with an even better idea. So I'm split between Harry Dresden (my original idea) and Tyrion Lannister
                  "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Real Person Living - Jack Whyte of the author of the Authurian series. Brilliant books to a point. And he's Scottish-Canadian! He'd love the pub I hang out at!

Real Person Dead - My Grandmother on my Mom's side - I'd love to know how to control the powers I have that she had! It's disturbing sometimes!

Fictional Person - Walt from Breaking Bad! Just 'cause he's sooo bad! And (if I might) Jesse from Breaking Bad ('cause I think he needs a hug!)
                    No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

BTW - Everyone is going for Tyrion. I would much rather actually like to sit down with Arya! She's so much more interesting (but I'm only 2/3 through the 1st book).
                      No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                        Real dead person: Mel Blanc
                        Actually got to hear him speak. Wait. We've ALL heard him speak! I mean a lecture type thing. Got roped into going by a friend attending university and think I enjoyed it more than he did. Fascinating, and lots of great clips.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        The author had a habit of putting real people into his books.
                        Kinda the reverse of being tuckerized? Fun.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Deceased: Nikola Tesla
                        Dang. My number two choice there. Would be awesome.

Purist!
                        Quoth Jester View Post
                        I'd go for the title of "Semanticist," though. And I have no idea if that's actually a word or
                        Let's cut to the chase and haul 'pedantic' out. (While barely restraining myself from delving into semanticist...)

Quoth Lyse View Post
                        Fictional person: Nanny Ogg (Granny Weatherwax would be a bit too intimidating!),
                        !!!??? Are you sure you didn't reverse those? I would think sitting down to DRINK with Nanny Ogg would be the more intimidating. (And I'm no lightweight)

Ok - my three:

RPL
                        Hawking. Not for the physics, but to thank him for bringing it to relatively non-science oriented people in an accessible way.

RPD
                        Mom would be first and foremost, I miss that spunky Irish gal! But a lot of us have that one family member. Andara took my historical figure, so: da Vinci. Seriously, some of that stuff is wtf! even for today, much less the 15th century.

FP
                        Jack "Half-Cocked" Shaftoe of Neal Stephenson's 'Baroque Cycle.'
                        Last edited by sms001; 07-22-2012, 06:10 PM. Reason: :nosaeR

Comment

I had to think about this for a while:

Real person living - Anthony Bourdain. I want to talk to him about his travels and the attitudes toward food in different parts of the world and what we're missing here.

Real person dead - Jane Austen. I want to talk to her about being an author in a time when that wasn't considered acceptable for women to do and see what she thinks about how things are for women now.

Fictional person - Jadzia Dax. I want to talk to her about her different lives and all the "history" she saw develop.
                          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth TOLady View Post
                            BTW - Everyone is going for Tyrion. I would much rather actually like to sit down with Arya! She's so much more interesting (but I'm only 2/3 through the 1st book).
                            Well, I would go for Arya myself, other than the fact that she's a child, and it might not be considered good form, even in her world, to be drinking with her. She is my favorite character in GoT, with Tyrion a close second, but yeah....not yet. Now, show me Arya all grown up, and I'd be proposing to what would almost certainly be a spunky, no-nonsense, badass, pull-no-punches, stunning chick!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                              RPL
                              Hawking. Not for the physics, but to thank him for bringing it to relatively non-science oriented people in an accessible way.
                              He's on my short list, too.

Quoth sms001 View Post
                              RPD
                              Mom would be first and foremost, I miss that spunky Irish gal! But a lot of us have that one family member. Andara took my historical figure...
                              Hey, we can totally share.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So yes, I really can say that I've met a fictional character in real life.
                                I was the supervisor of, and still in contact with this guy(Igor)
                                Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 07-22-2012, 11:03 PM.
                                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                                X