This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to a Blue Jays game?

I'm finally visiting our neighbor to the north. My friend lives an hour outside of Toronto and she's never been to a baseball game before. Tickets are pretty cheap (compared to Yankees stadium).

Anyone know of good tailgating stuff to do for these games? I see there's no tailgating like I would for football games. I guess we'd bar hop like I would for a Yankees game. Any suggestions on bars to pre-game at?
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

I dunno about tailgating. What you do is, you buy cheapie tickets in nosebleed heaven in the outfield, which is actually quite a good view of everything. Then you go to a bulk food store and buy lots of nummy things. Then you go to the game with your snax, maybe buy a beer if you're really thirsty (it's stupid expensive) and sit way up there with nobody else around you. It's... really nice, and cheap aside from the Skydome beer.

Or in your case, barhop, then bring your snax to the game. In my experience they may search purses/totebags/etc. but they don't care if you brought food in.

Bars... the dome (I don't care who sponsors it, I call it the Skydome) is on Blue Jays Way, which is southeast of Front St. West and Spadina Avenue. There are some decent pubs on Front but I don't know all the stuff that's in that area specifically. It's an expensive neighbourhood for eats and drinks.

If you don't mind a short ride on public transit, start at the area of Front St. East and Jarvis St., which is where the good pubs are. C'est What has their own awesome beer and the Jersey Giant is a great pub in general. There's lots more in that neighbourhood.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-jersey-giant-toronto
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/cest-what-toronto

Then you just walk north to King Street about an hour before the first pitch, hop on a westbound streetcar, and get off at Blue Jays Way and walk south to the stadium.

Alternately, just get off the subway at Union Station, find Front St. West, and just meander along. There are lots of bars and restaurants, although they're expensive because it's the heart of the tourist/entertainment district. If you're sports nuts in general you may be tempted by Wayne Gretzky's Restaurant on Blue Jays Way, although the reviews seem poor. The food and drink on that street tend to be tourist trappy and gimmicky. I'd highly recommend eating and drinking elsewhere, and then hitting the stadium.

Comment

Working...
    X