This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy casting: the next Batman

I know, the Dark Knight Rises is barely out of the gate, but Bale has said he would never go past three movies, so we're going to need another Batman.
    Robert Downey Jr is locked in as Iron Man, and he'd probably be more camp than serious anyhow. I cannot think of a single American actor that could pull it off ( all the ones I think off are too young looking/don't have the right face).
    I was thinking about the guys that play Jon Snow and Robb Stark, but they almost led themselves more to Robin or even Terry McGuiness.
    So who should be the next Batman?

Could you see Sylvester Stallone as the old grizzled Batman with the Chick Robin from the one arc?

Avery Brooks would make an AWESOME Batman, as long as we are outside the box...

or Joe Manganiello... so the girls would go see it?
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

How about someone who looks like Bruce Wayne that can act but nobody has ever heard of.

out

Comment

But Stalone can't act. Maybe Bruce Willis as old Wayne?

Comment

christopher walken

joking aside the main guy from burn notice
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
            the main guy from burn notice
            Jeffrey Donovan? He's definitely got the acting chops to pull off Bruce Wayne and Batman. Not to mention the martial arts background. But that would mean Burn Notice would be on hiatus during filming, and we can't have that. It's my favorite show on TV right now. He would also be a young Batman and I really don't think the origin story needs to be done again. I'd like to see an older Batman. Maybe give George Clooney another (more serious) shot at the cowl, or Jim Caviezel (from Person of Interest).

Though, as a child of the 90's, Kevin Conroy will always be Batman to me. Maybe not in looks, but definitely the voice.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

What about Dean from Supernatural (can't remember his name)? Haven't seen him In anything else though.

Comment

Jensen Ackles is maybe a bit ... young-seeming for Bruce, somehow.

I think Jeffrey Donovan is an interesting suggestion, though.

It's funny, I've only watched 2 things of late, and those are Burn Notice and Supernatural.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I heard rumours that before doing batman begins they were considering doing a tv series about a young bruce wayne where he is training and becoming batman a la smallville (just you know actually good) that's where jensen eckles could be good.
                  Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                  Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I don't much care who they cast, but here's an idea. No origin story. Do what TAS did. Just get the ball rolling.

Not everyone is a fan of comics, but everyone knows who Batman is.

Comment

Some suggestions for the next Batman, just on who I think would be able to pull it off.

From True Blood, I suggest (in order of who I think would be best from that cast) Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman), Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton), or Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse). Yes, I think any of them could pull it off, but Alexander would be the best choice of the three for many reasons.

I think Ben Affleck would be a popular choice and would make sense monetarily and physically, but think he would suck in the role.

From The Hangover movies, I think Bradley Cooper would be awesome.

Mark Ruffalo (Hulk from The Avengers) might be decent, though I wouldn't bet too heavily on that.

I think Edward Norton would KICK ASS in that role, just as he was the best Hulk to date.

I think Jake Gyllenhaal might be not to terrible at it....hard to say with him.

People have mentioned Richard Madden (Robb Stark) and Kit Harington (Jon Snow) from Game of Thrones, but I dare say Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lanister) would be awesome as Batman.

Just what comes to my mind on the matter.

That being said, and I am completely joking, but how many of you would love to see Jeremy Clarkson do it?

"The Joker is the most evil villain I've faced...........in the world."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would be good, but I'd have to see him with dark hair. I'm gonna go out on a limb, but what about Karl Urban (the new Dredd, the new Bones). He looks NOTHING like Dee Forest Kelly, but he owned the part in new Star Trek, and take a look at the new Dredd.
                        Keep Hathaway as Catwoman/Selena Kyle.
                        New Joker (recastings going to have to happen eventually): CG with Mark Hamills voice?
                        Harley Quinn (I know the charecter started in the DCAU): Jamie Pressley (hot blonde that can do batshit crazy).
                        Nathon Filliion as? Harvey Dent/Two Face?

Comment

Quoth violiavampyr View Post
                          Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would be good, but I'd have to see him with dark hair.
                          Is there really any reason Batman can't be blond? James Bond became a blond...why can't Batman? Not like anyone sees his hair under the cowl anyway....

Still A Customer."

Comment

Batman, but Bruce Wayne? I guess Bales hair was more of a dirty blonde, not dark like Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney.

Comment

I perhaps phrased it wrong....what exactly says that Bruce Wayne can't be a blond? If the character is there, and the actor has it down, why not have a blond? Or a black man, or an Asian, or a Hispanic? I'd have no problem with any of it. Hell, let's get a good black actor in there...he is the Dark Knight, isn't he? And there are plenty of good, solid black actors that could quite admirably fill that role, if you ask me. Jamie Foxx? Hell yeah! Will Smith? Maybe. Denzel Washington? If you want to go older, sure. Martin Lawrence? Oh, HELL NO!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X