Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Old 09-21-2018, 12:39 AM
Exhausted SpEd Teacher

He's limited to how much he can order at one time per his boss's orders. He's told her a few times they should order, say, $4000 worth of a product instead of the $2000 worth since it goes so quick, her logic is maybe it'll sell this fast now and then next time it won't.

She's a bit of a lunkhead.

Old 09-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Et tu, Pixie?

Gotta love stubborn bosses x.x It's CHEESE. It's not like the "extra" is gonna go bad in the week or so between deliveries >_>
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 09-23-2018, 04:37 PM
Exhausted SpEd Teacher

She's really a bit of a killjoy. His favorite thing to do is order a cheese that retails at, say, $5 a pound, hand rub it with spices and seasonings or flavorings, then turn around and sell it for $10 a pound. The CEO of the company (it's a small chain, mind you), love it. She hates when he does it since "we're the only store that does it, stop it" and it baffles him. I think last year he pulled in close to $300K extra revenue with the cheese? It kills me because he can get so creative with it and she does this stuff.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:30 PM
Assistant Manager

"We're the only store that does it" = Friggin MONOPOLY on the item. Anyone wanting to buy this kind of thing HAS to come here.

Old 10-18-2018, 11:53 AM
Bagger

I can see the manager's point, too. If it only keeps a week, you want a fast sell-through. We sell clothing, so something that sits on the shelf may get dusty or go out of style. No one's going to post on Yelp they got it home and found a speck of mold on it.

A couple years ago, a young woman thought she could subsidize her lifestyle by claiming a bucket of fried chicken had maggots in it. I guess it never occurred to her that the general public understood going from a frier to a heat lamp would kill maggots, and old chicken is just thrown away. It didn't help that the same woman had posted one or two gofundme requests for herself in the previous months.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:28 PM
Et tu, Pixie?

Quote:
Quoth Nashida View Post
His favorite thing to do is order a cheese that retails at, say, $5 a pound, hand rub it with spices and seasonings or flavorings, then turn around and sell it for $10 a pound.
Stores do this with overstocked poultry and fish all the time. I'd never heard of that notion being applied to cheese O_O
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 10-21-2018, 03:40 PM
Exhausted SpEd Teacher

He started doing it...I dunno, a couple years ago? But he loves seeing what blends together. Once he made a brie with maple and brown sugar that sold out almost instantly. Ghost pepper cheddar is another huge one.

I tease him constantly because he's always trying to get me to sample his work and I can't because of my allergy (yeah go figure: a dairy no-no engaged to a cheesemonger)

Old 10-21-2018, 05:59 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Well as we all know,blessed are the cheese makers ..��

Old 10-22-2018, 10:03 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Nashida View Post
Once he made a brie with maple and brown sugar that sold out almost instantly. Ghost pepper cheddar is another huge one.
I just started dribbling...

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.