Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 12-10-2018, 12:58 AM
Trainee

Quote:
Quoth LadyofArc View Post
She overheard (not sure if it was deliberate or not) two of the managers talking about it in their office and the words "end of life directive" popped up. So what does she do? She goes around and tells the staff AND the resident's family that the resident had died, when in actual fact, the resident was very much alive!
I cannot imagine what kind of person apparently takes pleasure in getting to announce the 'death' of a complete stranger to other strangers. I just...not only why would she think that was appropriate, but why would she WANT to?

Old 12-10-2018, 06:24 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth taxguykarl View Post
Do tell us the outcome and the 's reaction.
Good thing I just got paid--I may need to buy some more
I won't get to see or hear her reaction (as I'm not sitting in on this meeting), but I will hear the outcome since I've taken over the field placement officer role (former field placement person picked up work closer to home)

Quote:
Quoth Ann_Marie View Post
I cannot imagine what kind of person apparently takes pleasure in getting to announce the 'death' of a complete stranger to other strangers. I just...not only why would she think that was appropriate, but why would she WANT to?
Given this was within the first week, my suspicion is that she viewed management as being incompetent and figured "Screw them, I'll show them I can do things well!" and well...yeah. -_-

Old 12-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Assistant Manager

Saying "I'll show them!" is likely to end up with the speaker's pants down, always figuratively and sometimes literally.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Et tu, Pixie?

Quote:
Quoth Ann_Marie View Post
My mom's (now former) roomie at her nursing home recently pulled this, telling everyone who would listen that "EricMom has passed away!" when the mom had to go to the ER in a hurry (blood pressure 54/30 thanks to the home giving her too much medication). Fortunately, the nurses and most of the staff knew better, and they swiftly corrected the misconception.
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon