Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this thread got hijacked all to hell...
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

And that, I feel, is my fault.

I'm sorry for that.

I'll try to keep my huge-assed mouth shut in future.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
        I'll try to keep my huge-assed mouth shut in future.
        Sweet!!! You know, we have a PM feature for a reason.

...Anyway, back on topic...
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Back to the topic!

So, the team is still complaining that their computers are a POS and we need to fix these "performance issues" that are usually either application based or caused by spyware.

We've been tracking these down and most of their issues are caused by malicious programs trying to attack or deactivate Sygate or McAffee (antivirus, firewall etc..). None of the approved sites do this so you can guess where they're getting it.

Can I grab their cookies (remotely) and put them in my machine to access their sites and change their profiles on lower-securty sites (such as beginner forums etc..). It would be really funny to change one rep's MySpace page for some rather interesting things.

Of course, they all deny surfing to unapproved sites and I just show their history, their login plugged right next to the cookie reference for the site.

Don't lie to your IT guys.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

mmmhhhh, I wonder if you could have all the brower replace with a low-ability browser (like, no plug ins, no saving, etc....). Granted there are ways around that but we're talking about people who can't keep spyware off the computer in the first place.
            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Can't, a lot of their web based applications need the plugins many of which are also common with your spyware filled sites.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

darn that sucks. Too bad you can't install comodo firewall and password it with the browser completely block from doing things like saving/executing a file
                Last edited by LostMyMind; 09-04-2008, 06:03 PM.
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  Can I grab their cookies (remotely) and put them in my machine to access their sites
                  Is Windows File Sharing enabled? Then yes.

If you're using IE you could also at the very least set your needed stuff in the trusted zone, then crank up the security restrictions on the internet zone. IE-SpyAd may be worth looking into as well.
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

On reflection, I edit my post out.
                    The discussion on CPU/OS arcana got too far involved than I usually prefer to discuss online.
                    Last edited by BlackIronCrown; 09-05-2008, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Quoth BlackIronCrown View Post
                      On reflection, I edit my post out.
                      The discussion on CPU/OS arcana got too far involved than I usually prefer to discuss online.
                      Oh yes. That was a discussion I stayed well out of, even though I *definitely* know my stuff on that subject.

Comment

Quoth BlackIronCrown View Post
                        Quoth Chromatix View Post
                        Oh yes. That was a discussion I stayed well out of
                        And I swear anyone even so much as *thinks* of starting that conversation up again, I'll lock you in a room full of CD players playing Bananaphone on infinite loop.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          And I swear anyone even so much as *thinks* of starting that conversation up again
                          I just wanted to point out ...

/me awaits the small non-padded cell with really bad music

Comment

*ties Pederson up, throws him in, and throws in some death metal to break up the bananaphone every once in a while*

Draggar, is there any way to move to a whitelist of sites for them, so that they can only go to what's on the list, rather than telling them no?
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

*ties Pederson up, throws him in, and throws in some death metal to break up the bananaphone every once in a while*
                              Hey, you never mentioned tying me up. I require dinner before I let that sort of thing happen. A nice one, too!

Draggar, is there any way to move to a whitelist of sites for them, so that they can only go to what's on the list, rather than telling them no?
                              That's what we had to do where I used to work. The only way to get the sales floor people off the internet and onto helping customers was to set the proxy server to only allow certain sites, and deny everything else.

It sucked. The number of complaints was huge, and store managers complained because we didn't have a complete list of sites the sales floor people needed, but wouldn't tell us when we were missing one.

Of course, it did work. Sales people sold to customers because there was nothing else to do.

If you go that route, Draggar, just be ready for the slew of complaints, because they will happen. And good luck.

Comment

I can haz bananaphone nao?
                                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                                X