Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! That took me a second.... I'm younger than you for sure!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      A weight lifted, literally! I have the same disease as you; at least it's comforting to know someone understands.
      Add me to the "going through similar" club - Lumbar Spinal Stenosis was the diagnosis I received 2 years ago, as well as having every single disc in that region herniated (one even had a slight tear according to the MRI) and Sciatica as a by-product of all that. Throw in the bottom 2 vertebrae having a little bit of deterioration - yeah, it makes standing or squatting or sitting for long periods a PITA.

If I'm walking around or alternating between sitting and walking or lying down, I'm okay. Luckily I'm not flaring up too bad (but when it does, my right hip feels like it's grating against something with every step and I jerk when I walk.)

I keep prescription anti-inflammatory meds and pain meds on hand that I'll take before I leave the house for work. If I'm doing okay in the evening, I won't take them unless I'm flaring up (which happens from time to time.) I've had to learn to pace myself as well as still be careful with how I'm lifting stuff, as well as how much I try to lift at one time so I don't throw something out and rupture a disc.

So if for some reason I look like I may be scowling, don't take it personally - that look means my lower back and/or hips are flaring up and it's uncomfortable.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Owtchie. I have some degenerated discs (lower back and neck) thanks to an accident a few years ago. Not as bad as you guys, but I get the super happy fun times pain fairly often, too. ~_~ Best part -- I'm on high blood pressure meds, so NSAIDS (read: just about any painkiller other than Tylenol) are a bad idea, and I'm more or less immune to Tylenol. x.x My major issue, between this and other factors, is that I can't stay upright long enough to do something like cashiering without inducing additional pain and dizziness after about an hour or so. 'Tis why i have a desk job.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X