Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe no one's complained yet!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe no one's complained yet!

So we do get people making sarcastic comments because we were one of the companies hacked. I hate those and I keep my mouth shut because my anger at having blame directed at me is infuriating enough to inspire statements that will get me in trouble. But some people are genuinely concerned and ask if it's alright to use their cards. I'm not angry at that, but annoyed that they think I can make some sort of promise. Duh--how could I? So I have been saying things like "I can't make any promises" and "You are taking a risk anywhere." The managers I've talked to seem ok with those statements. But yesterday I just got sarcastic and told some guy "You're asking me to predict the future? If I could I wouldn't be working here!" He thought it was hilarious. I'm just waiting for that one person who'll complain, though, that I'm not standing behind the company or some such.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    I'm just waiting for that one person who'll complain, though, that I'm not standing behind the company or some such.
    Of course, if you did "stand behind your company," the sucktomers would complain that you're "just spouting the company line, how can I trust what you say" blah blah blah.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yeah, I've been accused of that one.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'd probably go with "All I can say is I haven't seen anyone mess with my point of sale system."

I've been trying to use cash more since POS breaches seem so rampant these days.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Visa Card

I have 3 credit cards(One for emergencies in Canada, one for the same in USA and one I inherited - all with high credit limits) , I just applied for a new one with a low credit limit of $500 so I can use it in stores and the internet without worrying about being charged thousands of dollars if some store gets it computer broken into.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            I'd probably go with "All I can say is I haven't seen anyone mess with my point of sale system."

I've been trying to use cash more since POS breaches seem so rampant these days.
            We sort of do that - we have all of 1 credit card - a "Star Card" which was the old Navy Exchange revolving charge account turned into plastic about 20 years ago. Only good on Navy bases. Otherwise, Rob hits our credit union on the way home Fridays and picks up the weeks money for groceries and fuel, and whatever we decide for entertainment money [this past week we drove to Rochester to visit family for Christmas.] All our bills are paid online or autopay direct from the credit union, unless someone hands us a check, all our money is direct deposit. We do have a debit card each - my credit union will let me generate a temp CC number, so if we need to order something online we make an instant card for that one use.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              we have all of 1 credit card - a "Star Card" which was the old Navy Exchange revolving charge account turned into plastic about 20 years ago. Only good on Navy bases.
              Actually, the Military Star Card is good on any base. I had one when I was working on Fort Hood - an army base. I was able to use it on Lackland AFB, an Air Force base, with no issues. Pretty nifty card.
              "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                Rob hits our credit union on the way home Fridays and picks up the weeks money for groceries and fuel, and whatever we decide for entertainment money. We do have a debit card each -
                I'm a fine one to talk about carrying cash, so I won't. But credit cards are actually safer than debit cards. MOST (not all) credit cards have zero liability (beyond hassle factor) these days. You will eventually get the charges reversed, and your money back. Not so, with debit cards. If they manage to get into your account, they can wipe you out with no recourse. That's the ONLY reason I refuse to carry a debit card.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I use my PayPal Debit MasterCard for just about everything. I get 1% back for purchases, which my bank doesn't give, and they stand behind me. As a matter of fact, i just received a replacement card, with an email asking me to activate it and destroy my old card due to possible compromise. so I have done that. nice and easy. i like simple.

Comment

My debit card has Visa's zero liability policy, since that's the type of card. Not sure if there are non-branded (no credit card logo) debit cards. I did have my debit card number stolen once, and I got all the money back.

One thing I did was purposefully turn off the overdraft protection thing they offer. So if I spend more than I have (though I never have done this) it will decline my card, instead of the bank covering it, then charging me a fee.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                    X