Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why I'm so surprised that they were apparently confident that no one would check with the Head Chef.

Comment

Jeez...she just doesn't stop, does she? It's almost cute how hard she's trying... as if she tries hard enough, you'll say yes to SOMETHING.
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

And why is it that:

1) I see them continue to try and scam your hotel?
        2) Whine, bitch and moan about anything and everything when they fail?
        3) Find it difficult if not impossible to get them to pony up their bill?

These people need to be told to hit the pavement, they are going to be nothing but trouble!

Comment

I hope that after the scam attempt that there's serious consideration to add her to the do not rent to list.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

So another brief update.... (and FOM I think is plotting something...)

Shortly after the room service thing, as my arrivals list dwindled down, I noticed SC had a second reservation under her name.

You see, we're running a special on super cheap rooms in order to convince people come in and watch The Big Game in the bar, whereupon they will hopefully purchase large quantities of alcohol. (Go Hawks!) And these rates start at $99. And SC's second reservation was for this rate.

Sensing that she probably booked it hoping to get her second night at that rate, and wanting to mitigate what was already likely to be a huge headache, I begrudgingly decided to throw her a bone and gave her second night at the promo rate (promo wasn't running the previous night so she's still outta luck there). I mean, it's already going to be a good fight in the morning, and this didn't seem like it would be worth adding fuel to the fire. I added notes to the new reservation that it was likely a duplicate and to cancel without penalty if it went unused. I emailed FOM with the new info.

However, FOM emailed me back saying, "It's too long to explain over email, but delete the 'cancel without penalty' note."

.....hmmm

I relayed this all to Night Auditor.

NA: "So....we're charging it as a no-show?"
            Me: "Based on my interpretation of FOM's email, that's what it sounds like."
            NA: "Alright. I just hope I'm out of here before she is so I don't get yelled at."

So SC got a discounted rate last night, but she was charged for 2 rooms though she only used one, since the second one was a "no-show".

I can't wait to hear how it's going down at checkout....
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              ... FOM emailed me back saying, "It's too long to explain over email, but delete the 'cancel without penalty' note."...
              Velvet glove with porcupine fur...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

A resort hotel that she has stayed at twice in the last decade and she wants all sorts of special treatment??? Oh she is going to flip her shit when she checks out. Hopefully FOM is the one who has to deal with her. The comping of the food bullshit? This broad will try anything..so many complaints are going to spew out of her in an attempt to get everything for free. I really don't know how people have the time to dream up schemes to scam people just to get shit cheap/free. Why not spend the time comparison shopping and find the rates you want???

I looked last week for hotel rates for downtown Pittsburgh so I wouldn't have to worry about getting home after the Garth Brooks concert that doesn't start until 10 30 at night (I don't drive, last bus is at 1 30 am) Cheapest we could find was $179 and that is a hike late at night to the other end of town ($200 plus for the hotel next to the venue). I didn't call trying to whine myself into a cheap rate..instead we are setting up taxi service which can be negotiated ahead of time for a flat rate.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  I can't wait to hear how it's going down at checkout....
                  Judging from her scams so far - badly. But I don't see her going down without fighting each and every charge every step of the way...

Comment

So spoke with CW. Checkout was apparently uneventful. She left without stopping by the desk, and we charged her for the food. She would have gotten a copy of her bill slipped under the door so she shouldn't be surprised, but we'll see if she calls and puts up a fight. I think she knows she's been had.

FOM also decided to reverse the no-show charge. It will take a few days to show up on her account though so we can only hope that causes some sort of inconvenience.

Found out that SC pressured CW into the free upgrade by telling her it was her daughter's birthday. Quote, "She was super pushy". Also took multiple newspapers and several of the water bottles that we have complimentary for guests in the lobby. She was looking for freebies wherever she could.

She's gone now, and we got the $$$ for the food at least. I hope she doesn't return. But if she does, I'm not going to be inclined to give her any favors.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I wouldn't have reversed the "no-show" fee myself.

Hopefully this is the last you'll hear of this cheapskate, except for all the negative reviews she's going to leave all over the place about how you failed to "accommodate her properly"...

Comment

Working...
                      X