Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pimp my Waffle! Now, with more whole-grain suck!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
    There is a brand of water I've seen for sale advertising itself as 'pure water' that 'fish has never swam in'. I've overthought this concept to death and still can't come up any situation which would guarantee that individual water molecules have never touched a fish. Or what difference it would make to the end result.

People boggle my mind sometimes.
    Easy; as the saying goes, "don't drink water, fish fuck in it."
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

besides him picking up a lady of the night, I know someone that was 6 miles from home, that would still be alive if she had just gotten a hotel.

she'd been on a red eye flight and just wanted to get home, fell asleep at the wheel and never woke up again.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Organic Water.

ORGANIC......WATER......

The actual fuck...... my brain is offically done for the day. Time to CTRL-ALT-DEL, reformat and reboot.

And damn it now I'm googling it.

H2O means each molecule of water contains two atoms of hydrogen (H) joined to one atom of oxygen (O). In order for something to be organic — as in alive — it needs carbon. So water, by definition is inorganic.
        source: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011...marketing-wave
        How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Organic water...?

I... buh... wha... x_o

[rebooting]

That's right up there with the guy asking me if the bottled water he was buying had carbs in it.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            Organic water...?

I... buh... wha... x_o

[rebooting]

That's right up there with the guy asking me if the bottled water he was buying had carbs in it.
            Now MY brain needs a reboot on that one.

I think just to see what kind of response I'd get, I'll send a text to my Coke merchandiser and ask if he can order that in for Thursday's truck.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Organic water...?

I... buh... wha... x_o

[rebooting]

Maybe he mistook carbon for carbohydrates? "Hydrate means water, right...?"

I can see it now! "Carb free! Gluten free! Fat free! Sodium free! It's WATER! Try some today!"
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                Now MY brain needs a reboot on that one.

I think just to see what kind of response I'd get, I'll send a text to my Coke merchandiser and ask if he can order that in for Thursday's truck.
                It's true. I did once have to deal with an idiot who asked me that question. Thread - even got immortalized in the comic strip.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                  Organic Water.

ORGANIC......WATER......
                  Here in Australia they have an expiry date on salt. You know, pure sodium chloride the chemical. It is a couple of years in the future, but I have a large container of it in my kitchen that is well and truly expired. It is still just salt. It has not broken down or gone off or anything like that, it is still salt.

I suppose if it was organic salt it would last longer.

Comment

I prefer my water without the organics, thank you. My beer, on the other hand...
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                      Here in Australia they have an expiry date on salt. You know, pure sodium chloride the chemical. It is a couple of years in the future, but I have a large container of it in my kitchen that is well and truly expired. It is still just salt. It has not broken down or gone off or anything like that, it is still salt.

I suppose if it was organic salt it would last longer.
                      Well, most table salt has an anti-caking compound that eventually saturates, which would cause the salt to clump.

But yeah, many "expiration" dates on products are really just date codes for quality control in case there's a problem with a batch and don't correspond to any noticeable actual product degradation.

Comment

And a CYA for the manufacturer, who knows where that bag is going to be 5 years from now, or 10, in what forgotten cupboard, being cross-contaminated with who knows what?

The last thing they need is someone crawling out of the woodwork who bought the stuff 40 years ago and claims that it just NOW made them sick...
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                          And a CYA for the manufacturer, who knows where that bag is going to be 5 years from now, or 10, in what forgotten cupboard, being cross-contaminated with who knows what?

The last thing they need is someone crawling out of the woodwork who bought the stuff 40 years ago and claims that it just NOW made them sick...
                          Nevermind the gook on the side of the box, either. That'll just wash off.

Watch enough episodes of "Hoarders" and you would be surprised what some of these folks will still think is good to use.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

Watch enough episodes of "Hoarders" and you would be surprised what some of these folks will still think is good to use.
                            Can't say as that I would be too surprised......my dad's sister has shared stories about a former roommate/ex-boyfriend who'd gradually become a hoarder, and he apparently got offended because she wouldn't take some aspirin that had expired 20+ years ago. (I also recall something about him eating ham that he'd gotten the previous year....think this was around Easter)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              Maybe he mistook carbon for carbohydrates? "Hydrate means water, right...?"

I can see it now! "Carb free! Gluten free! Fat free! Sodium free! It's WATER! Try some today!"
                              That reminds me of something I was discussing with a friend the other day... If someone more knowledgeable than I could explain why my dayquil and ibuprofen say "Gluten Free", given I assumed that would already be the case, I'd be very interested to know!

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                                My question is.......what does "two and a half person" mean?
                                I'm surprised I got that far down before someone asked that question.

Just what the hell is half a person, and why do they need a room to themselves?

Unless it's the voices in her head?

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                                Organic Water.

ORGANIC......WATER......

The actual fuck...... my brain is offically done for the day. Time to CTRL-ALT-DEL,
                                Oh, yeah. I saw a product that advertised it was better because it had oxygen added to it.

To which I thought, "Yuck. Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is nasty."

Quoth sirwired View Post
                                Well, most table salt has an anti-caking compound that eventually saturates, which would cause the salt to clump.

But yeah, many "expiration" dates on products are really just date codes for quality control in case there's a problem with a batch and don't correspond to any noticeable actual product degradation.
                                A few grains of uncooked rice in the container will fix that problem.
                                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X