X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC causes death of entire family of Meerkats

Go here to see what I mean

But in a nutshell of parental unresponsibility, a 9 year old child bypassed several barriers, leaned her hand down a 4 foot high plexiglass wall really far (they only stand a foot tall and a 9 year olds arm isn't that long) to bother the critters.

They bit her and since her mother doesn't want the child to have the rabies shot (claiming the pain would be too much, although it's now a few shots in the arm as opposed to several in the stomach) and since state law states if you don't want the shot, the animal must be destroyed and tested.

Since there is no way to know which one of the family bit the girl...they ALL had to die.

Way to go Mom! Nice way to ruin the exibit for everyone else's kid who wants to see 'Timone'

If that doesn't scale the hights of suck, then I don't know what.

Mongo
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

This is completely unacceptable. Where is the mother's responsibility to watch her kid?? I think the kid and the mother should have been euthanized not those poor animals who were probably terrified out of their mind, and only trying to defend the 3 babies that were there.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Damn, and those laws are meant to defend the innocent...... not the stupid.

Comment

"The meerkats — two adults and their three babies born in spring — were vaccinated for rabies, but state health protocol required that they be killed and tested because the girl's parents didn't want her to undergo a series of six painful rabies shots."

Graaah, how selfish can people be???

I fear for the wellbeing of that child when she grows up. She might be one of those people so sheltered from the world that she won't know how to put gas in her car . . . if her parents let her drive.
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Ranty McRanterson rides again!

That woman isn't an "overprotective mother," she's a idiot for not watching her child, who has now caused the unnecessary death of several animals, as well as deprived other, better-behaved humans the opportunity to see these animals (trips to the zoo being much cheaper than flights to Africa).

The zoo's barriers "gave her pause"? Well, clearly not enough pause to get off her fat fecking arse and, you know, SUPERVISE HER CHILD!!! What if Junior had the urge to, say, pay a visit to the Bengal tiger exhibit instead?

Selfish, stupid, clueless woman.

*deep breath*

We now return you to our regularly scheduled Puck, who was having an I-hate-people day already.
          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

What a horrible thing! The mother should have been watching her child and been a bit more responsible! Now the mother that was actually being responsible will die along with her offspring.

I would make the kid take the shots, I would think it would be a way to learn a lesson.

Comment

The 9 year old and the mother should be banned from the zoo. For their own safety, of course. And not because of their lack of intelligence and parenting skills.
              "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Quoth The Article
                The girl had to work to get her hand inside the enclosure. Zoo officials said she must have crawled over a driftwood barrier, climbed up more than 3 feet of artificial rock and reached over 4 feet of Plexiglas to get her arm into the exhibit
                What kind of parenting skill is that? She's worried about her daughter getting some small shots, but wasn't worried that her daughter had to work her way to get herself bit. She should be glad that it wasn't worse than that. I really want to take that mom and give her a good swift kick in the bum.
                Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Maybe if that little brat had gotten the shots (cool...negative reinforcement!) that might have taught her not to be such an asshat.

I bet she gets teased in school now (and rightfully so!)...Meerkat murderer!

Comment

I hope they put up an electrified fence to keep morons like this out of the exhibits in the future.
                    I don't suppose a 9 year old is too big to wear those little leash things?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                      Go here to see what I mean

Since there is no way to know which one of the family bit the girl...they ALL had to die.Mongo
                      *Twitch* Okay, you got my eye twitching.... Poor babies and momma.... I mean, can't they do BLOOD TESTS for that? Overprotective mother my ass. "I'm irresponsible and now a bunch of cute animals have to die!" *Twitch* I watched ONE episode of Meercat Manor and just seeing how they acted, I would never want to see that happen.

Comment

It took me a while to respond to this because I wanted to cool off a little first. This story makes me feel physically ill.

I used to work at the zoo here in town, as did my sister. My sister was actually a zookeeper, while I did various jobs around the place. The keepers truly do care about their charges. And thank God for them, too, as I seriously doubt the zoo admin does, but that's another story for another time. But I imagine the meerkat keepers were beside themselves with grief and rage.

I answered wrong when I said, on another thread, that I encountered more SC at the restaurant. I had forgotten about the zoo. Zoo guests are BAR NONE the stupidest, most self involved people on sweet planet earth.

I have seen a guy dangle his toddler into the tiger pit. I have seen teenagers put their fingers into the enclosures of birds that can and do kill trespassing squirrels for fun. I happen to know the hippo keepers had to routinely give the hippo mineral oil suppliments so he could pass the plastic sippy cups that were thrown into his enclosure and that he swallowed.

That these IDIOTS have no regard for anyone but themselves is a given. Unfortunately, this extends to the animals that are at their mercy. It's enough to keep me awake at night.

Had my child pulled a stunt like that, the shots she would have then been taking would have paled in comparison to what would have happened to her bottom.

How typical. Some stupid cow doesn't want her little darling to have to suffer the concequences of her actions, so letting an entire family of innocent creatures die instead is preferable. We can't have Little Precious have a few shots, her arm might get sore. In fact, I just got finished reading a very good article about the emotional feebs our society is producing in droves, due to so many parent's unwillingness to teach junior how to cope with life. You might give it a read, it was a great article.

http://health.msn.com/pregnancykids/...42037&GT1=8404

Ptah. This makes me so mad I have a stomach ache.

Comment

We actually had a similar incident in my city this past spring, except it was two bears in a really nice park. Our whole city was up in arms about it because the mother let a four year-old run through the barriers and wouldn't or didn't give the child the rabies shots. It was heart breaking since the bears had been there many years before that.

Comment

Since it's handler could not control it, I say the sproggen AND it's handler both be put into cages in that same zoo for people to come along and tortore. THAT would be fitting punishment. Not to mention make a good example of.

Comment

Wow, I feel terrible for all those kids who wanted to see the meerkats and couldn't. And all because one mother had to let her kid pet them and wouldn't let the kid get vaccinated for rabies when she got bit.

Some people should not breed. This mother is one of them.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X