Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking this does not bode well ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking this does not bode well ...

I advised the manager of The Mothership today that the office wants to keep me on. He looked quite ... not happy. "So ... what does that mean?" he asked. I assumed he meant in terms of scheduling. I decided I was not prepared to make any requests at the moment, so I just said I would be remaining at the office on a part-time basis (seriously, if it was fulltime, I'd just be handing in my notice and trying hard not to do the Happy I'm Getting Out of Here Dance in front of him ...)

But the tone of his voice suggested there will be problems ahead. The office is paying me $2 an hour more than The Mothership, with a maximum of 21 hours per week, so obviously I want to take the fullest advantage of those hours.

And the office is quite willing to be very flexible. But if The Mothership isn't, I foresee a parting of the ways in the fairly near future (as soon as I find out whether I'm getting that early CPP ...)

Didn't put this in Morons in Management simply because IMO the manager is not being a moron. I was hired with the understanding that I'd be available for daytime shifts, and now, I may not be ... so ... I don't really have a problem if he feels I'm no longer the person for the position (although I did tell him, early on, that I was looking for office work, so this can't have come as a complete surprise).

And on a totally unrelated topic, the phone rang in a YouTube video I've got running in the background, and it sounds so much like my landline that my cat jerked his head around and stared in the direction of the house telephone.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Well, you probably won't really miss working at the Mothership. Hopefully you get good news on the pension thing.

Comment

Won't miss it at all. It's not my cup of tea, no pun intended. I tried calling the pension folks from the office the other day but ... had a mechanized voice tell me the wait time was 15 minutes. I decided I couldn't justify that while I was at work, so will try to reach them next week.

Oh, and of course I'll also be looking to see if the letter actually did arrive and just got piled up on the hallway table with a lot of other stuff ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X