Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer told me that management Can program the credit card reader to Not require a

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer told me that management Can program the credit card reader to Not require a

Yesterday a customer of mine Did not want to input her pin number when paying with her debit card.

She wanted to use her debit card as a credit card.

Since the credit card reader beeped when she tried to use her debit card as a credit card, I told her that her debit card Has a pin number that she has to use.

I also told her that there is No way around that.

That is when she told me the following...
    • Yes, there is
    • Management Can program the credit card reader to Not ask for a pin number

She ended up entering her pin number
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 12-28-2017, 05:10 PM.

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
    Management Can program the credit card reader to Not ask for a pin number
    That may be true, but that is not how the systems is currently setup. If you wish to use that card, you will have to enter your pin.

And store management probably does not have the access to make that change. It would have to come down from the corporate IT department.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

A better answer is "How do you know? You don't work here." Of course, you can't really say that....
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If it were true that a manager at a retail store could randomly change what security a credit/debit card requires that would be terrible. There's a reason that only banks and credit card issuers can mess with security. Otherwise it's not very secure, is it?
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Wasn't there an option on the card reader to use it as credit instead? Almost all of the stores I go to have that option, I think the only one that doesn't is Aldi.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Wasn't there an option on the card reader to use it as credit instead? Almost all of the stores I go to have that option, I think the only one that doesn't is Aldi.
            Some banks are starting to require a PIN no matter what. Happened to a customer recently at my work. At first I thought the customer pushed the wrong button and then I took over and sure enough, I pushed 'credit' on the screen and it still asked for a PIN number.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
              Some banks are starting to require a PIN no matter what. Happened to a customer recently at my work. At first I thought the customer pushed the wrong button and then I took over and sure enough, I pushed 'credit' on the screen and it still asked for a PIN number.
              There is an option to run the card as a credit card, but the customer of mine had the same problem as well.

Comment

Most PIN systems have an override button, but it means that the retailer then takes responsibility if it's a fraudulent charge and so, at least in my experience, the rule is to never ever use it no matter what.
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

She is somewhat right. I can run my debit card like a credit card. That is a management decision, not a cashier option, as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
                  X