Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time, no visit a very long time but a heck of a lot of changes!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time, no visit a very long time but a heck of a lot of changes!

Hey all,

Have I missed anything exciting?

Got a lot going on today and this weekend but I'll try to pop in and out.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Welcome back!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Hey, it's nice to be back.

I won't get into details of what I do now but in a nutshell, I support POS (point of sale) systems. I'll put money down that the average American on this site will directly deal with a piece of equipment I directly support at least once a month.

I also had to pass one HELL of a background check, drug test, screening, as well as other tests and certifications to get the job (heh, it was easier to get a concealed carry license in 2 states than it was to get this job!!).

The scariest part of the job is learning how little business owners know how to run a business.

On a personal level, I am now officially divorced (the list of reasons are too long and too private to discuss over an open forum), back home with friends and family, and (seriously) dating a wonderful, intelligent, compassionate, and beautiful woman (amazing how a partner like that can really get your spirits up!).

Seriously, my life has seriously taken a turn to the HELL OF A LOT BETTER over the past 12-18 months.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I used to to tech support for people using QuickBooks and Peachtree/Sage -- and that included QB's horrendous POS system (you could say it was a POS... ). I know what you mean about business owners who have no idea how to run their businesses, trust me x.x
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

back! Glad things are going better for you.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sorry I'm late to the party on this, but welcome back! I wondered on FB what was up when I saw you had gone back north.

Stick around this time, ya' hear?
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
            X