This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest gambit by The Mothership ...

... T-shirts with the company name and "Community Giving" or something like that written on them. We are urged to wear them while on the clock (fair enough) or ... while out doing volunteer work in the community. That last one basically translates to "Give us free advertising!" Yeah, no ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Worse, it’s an attempt to claim credit for any voluntary work anyone does, making it appear to be corpo-rat sponsored. Sleazy as
    Last edited by RealUnimportant; 01-14-2018, 12:46 PM. Reason: mi ing etters
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Wow, I never even thought of that aspect of it ...
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Now if they had offered to let you go do the work while on the clock, then it would be a fair request.

Comment

Absolutely. If it really IS corporate-sponsored, I have no problems at all with giving corporate credit. But asking us to wear the damned things when corporate isn't involved at all ... nope.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
          X