Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That happened to me once. I was dumped into Retail during the Christmas rush (Great way to train someone, BossMan ) and a woman pauid me with $10 and some change. She came back about 15 minutes later during a HUGE rush saying that I owed her 10$ because she had supposedly given me a 20$. Since I was sure that she only gave me a $10 and she was building up to a wicked scream, my manager at the time Jim (Now retired) took my drawer and counted it. Less than five minutes later he was back, the crappy woman was gone, and my till was only over by a penny. Jim said I was to watch for scammers like that and right up until he retired I kept a fairly good memory of my customers. Instant he retired my brain got shot (three weeks with no store manager will do that to a person) and I got my grubby paws on manager C, who I trained personally to fit the store (<-- bragging rights ).
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I think I've only counted one drawer that was actually off by the ammount the customer was claiming. They were being extra douchy about it too.

Comment

I have to agree with the blog link posted. A lot of people who go by the mantra are the ones who abuse the system for their own gain. That's sad because they're creating a great deal of cynicism and distrust towards the majority of customers who don't deserve it.

The customers who play dumb about expiration dates are the ones that irritate me the most. This woman drives into the store, probably spending at least $2 in gas doing so, to get $2 back for bread that had started to mold. The kicker was that the sell by date was July 4 and she had purchased it on June 29. My spineless MOD gave in even when I pointed out the sell by date and that she wasn't purchasing anything else. The MOD told me to shut up and that she knew best after 30 years of experience. I told my mother this story and she sided with the customer using the logic that "She pays your salary" and I should be tactful towards her.

I hope that's one of my last SCs I have to deal with assuming my interview for a non-retail job goes well this week. I don't know how much longer I can be tactful to these people with their attempts to scam myself and the store and not receiving any support from management and others about it.

Comment

Quoth anyanka2 View Post
          I told my mother this story and she sided with the customer using the logic that "She pays your salary" and I should be tactful towards her.
          "No, Mommy. See, she helps the company I work for paying my salary when she buys something. When she asks and gets a refund she doesn't deserve, she actually puts my salary at risk. And being tactful is very different from caving in at every customer's whim."
          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
          X