This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool's closed

All I've got is one question. You are a parent with a small child at the waterpark. Your child needs to go to the bathroom. Should you

A) take them to the bathroom
    B) miss getting them on time, so tell somebody about the mess they made, or
    C) let your kid go in the pool and then leave it for somebody to find?

C is apparently a fairly common answer at the park. But I can't seem to follow the logic here. Logic would seem to be don't want to interrupt little Johnny's fun, so just let him go and it'll all be fine.

Wrong.

Little Johnny pooping in the pool means now nobody can be in the pool until we clean it up and let the water cycle through. So instead of little Johnny taking a break for maybe 10 minutes so he can use the bathroom properly, everybody gets to sit out for 30-45 minutes while it's cleaned.

Further, trying to get back in the pool while the lifeguards are standing in front of the entrance to the pool is not helpful either.

More ranty than sucky, but we had to close two pools today due to this issue, and I stepped into some of it the other day. I just don't get it.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Umm.. eww!!

Comment

I'm choosing to believe that the toddlers would rather play in the pool thnas go to the bathroom, so they don't tell anybody. There's no excuse for the parents not telling you, though.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

*cue Jaws theme song:

dah dummm dah dummm dah dumm dah dumm dah dummm...

Spaulding! NO!

DOODY!
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That happened at a water park I was at last summer. I had just gotten out of the pool when I hear a scream. I turn around and see a mass of people swimming for the edges. This little kid and mother are just standing their looking at this brown cloud in the water. Eventually they get out while people mill about the pool deck waiting to hear how ling the pool will be closed. The mother tells a life guard and a few park employees standing near a cart of pool chemicals and clean up supples they had just brought out, "he said he had diharrea, but I thought he was joking."

I decide it was time for a shower.

Comment

That was how the e. Coli outbreak happened at White Water in Atlanta a couple four years ago. Which is all the more incentive for me to never go to a water park. (I hate getting wet.)

Edit: Hundredth post!
            What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
              That was how the e. Coli outbreak happened at White Water in Atlanta a couple four years ago. Which is all the more incentive for me to never go to a water park. (I hate getting wet.)
              I remember hearing about something like that happening here in California, but it was Hepatitis.

Either way I think that all babies and toddlers should be banned from places like that. Not that I would go to one of these places anyways since I hate crowds.
              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

And I thought my biggest worry at water parks was Planter's Warts.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Ringtail Z28 View Post
                  I remember hearing about something like that happening here in California, but it was Hepatitis.

Either way I think that all babies and toddlers should be banned from places like that. Not that I would go to one of these places anyways since I hate crowds.

Ewww...that's nasty! There's a reason why babies and toddlers who are NOT toilet trained are not allowed in pools on cruise ships. I love the mom's response "i thought he was joking" - yeah, right...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    *cue Jaws theme song:

dah dummm dah dummm dah dumm dah dumm dah dummm...

Spaulding! NO!

DOODY!
                    Hee hee hee... And then Bill Murray eats it...

*juvenile snicker*

Comment

My wife and I decided this summer that we need a pool when we get a house. We want one now (pool), but we're not going to a public pool. I have before, but it's not my cup of tea, and this is one of the many reasons.
                      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Yeah, this right here is why I always have the vague (and sometimes not so vague)feeling that public pools make me feel like I'm swimmng in a toilet.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                          That happened at a water park I was at last summer. I had just gotten out of the pool when I hear a scream. I turn around and see a mass of people swimming for the edges. This little kid and mother are just standing their looking at this brown cloud in the water. Eventually they get out while people mill about the pool deck waiting to hear how ling the pool will be closed. The mother tells a life guard and a few park employees standing near a cart of pool chemicals and clean up supples they had just brought out, "he said he had diharrea, but I thought he was joking."

I decide it was time for a shower.

We had that happen too. I wasn't on stand for the particular area, but it's one of our kiddie pools and it got shut down for 5 hours. When I finally asked a supervisor why, he said a kid had diarrhea. So we had no guests in that pool for five hours, meaning that no one went in the rest of the day.

Plus side, nobody really had to do any work at those spots...
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Just....EW. Mom's a huge hydrophobe? Aquaphobe? Scared of water. As in, "If I take a bath I might drown in the bathtub" kind of way. She sent me and Big Sis to swimming lessons, because she wanted us to learn, but she couldn't watch us in the pool.

I went to Hurricane Harbor (the waterpark that's part of Six Flags - St. Louis) once. The slides were kind of fun, but I saw some things in the wave pool that can't be unseen. And I got blisters on my feet so bad that my bf had to carry me to the first aid station. Not fun at all.
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Imagine how much, um "stuff", must be in this pool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inA-3...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                              X