Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's about how both our wavepools looked on the 4th. Yay for not having a wavepool rotation that day!
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Eeew, that wave pool video grossed me out. I think I would have a panic attack and drown.
      "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        *cue Jaws theme song:

dah dummm dah dummm dah dumm dah dumm dah dummm...

Spaulding! NO!

DOODY!

It's no big deal!
        Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

The pool here, which is only for residents and then only after they pay for the right to use it was closed down for a week last year for the same reason.

However, it was not a small child that did it, but a teenager. So, one would think that a teenager would know better, but I guess they thought it would be funny.

We failed to see the humor in it.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I love those Little Swimmers diapers Huggies came out with about ten years ago. My kids were never allowed to go swimming without those on, and they were taught at a VERY young age that it was NOT okay to pee in the pool, we go inside to the bathroom where pee belongs. I drove this point home by reminding them how much water they swallow during an average afternoon in the pool LOL They have *never* peed in my parents' pool, and I don't allow them to use public pools, because my son is prone to ear infections, and my daughter catches headlice wayyyyyy too easily. (Fortunately, we're lice-free now! YAY!)
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

"I'm Alright" just came on the radio.

My coworkers are probably wondering why I'm laughing so hard.
              Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Reading this thread reminded me of the sketch Eddie Murphy did on Delirious. The one where he and his brother are in the tub playing with GI Joe, and the "Brown Shark" attacks.
                Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Oh geeze... one of my friends spends way too much time on 4chan and my only though upon reading the title was, "AIDS, stingrays, or both?" If you don't understand, you should be happy.

Please shoot me.

Comment

Quoth SnarkyPie View Post
                    Oh geeze... one of my friends spends way too much time on 4chan and my only though upon reading the title was, "AIDS, stingrays, or both?" If you don't understand, you should be happy.

Please shoot me.
                    Its ok, I thought the same thing.

On topic: I used to babysit a little girl who would always, without fail, go in the pool. If I told her no more pooltime, she had a tantrum... and the mother told me "Its just a phase! She'll outgrow it!" I hope she never went to a waterpark..
                    You seem to harbor barbaric tendencies. I suggest you visit a physician at your earliest convenience.

Comment

There is a local pool where I live where they (NO LIE!!) have a "Poop Check" every 2 hrs.... the lifeguards blow their whistles and everyone steps out of the pool as the lifeguards scan for logs.... Its gross. Needless to say, I dont frequent public pools often. Its sad that stuff like that is necessary..

Comment

Just to be a smartass : do some of you who don't go to public pools like swimming in the sea ?
                        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                          Just to be a smartass : do some of you who don't go to public pools like swimming in the sea ?
                          yeah, but there's more of a water-to-poop ratio, and critters who eat that kinda stuff, whereas in public pools, it would float around until it slowly dissolved.
                          Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post

I don't. But that's more because of the sharks.
                            "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
                              yeah, but there's more of a water-to-poop ratio, and critters who eat that kinda stuff, whereas in public pools, it would float around until it slowly dissolved.
                              Yeah, but there's enough chemicals in swimming pools to prevent most risks of contamination, most people are sensible enough to get their kids or themselves to the bathrooms before all Hell is let loose, and the swimming pool staff usually respond fast enough to prevent the worst from happening.

In the sea... well, I'll just quote one of my favorite songs : "The sea is disgusting, fishes f*ck in it".

Doesn't keep me from swimming in the sea every time I can. I just wanted to point that swimming in a public pool can't be that more unsanitary than swimming in the sea.

After all, there are so many people that do both quite often and never got sick from it. Why always assume the worst is bound to happen ?
                              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                              X