Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you? Still sucking!!! (why are mine never short, always LONG??)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you? Still sucking!!! (why are mine never short, always LONG??)

Ok, so the first guy in my post from here http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=31154

came back into the store again today. Now, he came up to my register (naturally) and slapped his chemistry book down again, and once more demanded I give him a refund. I open my mouth to start the spiel of needing a receipt, and he slaps a receipt down.

I pick it up and look at it. It's dated June 30th. And the chemistry book ISN'T ON IT. I mention this, and his response?

"I know it's not. But that receipt is proof that you did an exchange beforehand without a receipt!"

Uh...no. It proves an exchange was made. That's it...And what's with the "you" that keeps being slung around? I wasn't even working on the 30th! I didn't do anything! h, and Mister "I'm going to be here bright and early when you open" what time did you finally drag your ass in? 30 minutes before I get to leave. And I leave at 4!! ASS!! Ahem. Moving on.

So, he asks to speak to a manager. Actually, he says, "Since I have proof, you need to get your manager out here, so he can show you what you're doing wrong."

Rather than call over the phone, I decide to walk in person to the manager's office, whom I had already left copious notes for from yesterday regarding this guy. I go into his office and tell him Chemistry Boy is back. And that apparently I need to be properly educated, since I don't know what I'm doing by following store policy...

Manager B goes out to chitchat with Chemistry Boy, and gets the same myriad story changes I got yesterday, with a few bonuses, first his mom has the receipt, then he didn't need the book, then WE gave him the WRONG book, etc, etc. And then he pulls out this gem, "Since the class iis already over, I'm willing to take store credit!"

Wait, what?!?! You want us to do a full refund on a book, for a summer term that's been over for over a week!?! And for which the refund date has been past for over a MONTH!?! Huh??

Manager B is rather flabberghasted when this is mentioned, and I'm chewing on a pen to keep from throwing my stapler at Chemistry Boy's head. He. Just. Won't. LEAVE!! So Manager B finally comes to a solution, since this asshole is clearly refusing to budge until he gets his way.

B tells him, "fine, you can have credit. For whatever the book rings up for today, you can have store credit...but you have to use it ALL by close of business today!"

Chemistry boy isn't happy with this. Says B can't do this, etc, etc. But B says it's his store, so take it or leave it. Chemistry boy decides to take it, and to purchase his books for the summer session that started today. (Because, oh yes, he came in and threw a hissy fit on the first day of a summer term, while we've got people EVERYWHERE in the store, and lines going to BFE while we argue with him.

As Chemistry Boy goes to shop, B turns to me, and tells me to let him on my register for a moment. He goes in, checks the price on the book, checks the buyback price...then OVERRIDES the original price down to the buyback price! So, essentially, Chemistry boy simply "Sold" his book back, and used it towards the purchase of his new book. So, he had $50 applied to his $140 physics book. Whereas, if he'd had his receipt, he could've done a more than even trade, and only paid around $10 for his physics book.

B thinks, and I agree, that he's going to try something similar in the fall semester, attempt to return the physics book he bought today. Especially when he came up to finish the transaction with me, and grinned, asking, "So, same rules apply, right? 30 days to bring it back?"

Ok, that's NEVER been the rules on textbooks. EVER. SO I smiled sweetly and said, "oh, no, sir. B. told me to write this on your receipt, especially for you!" And his receipt now notes, per B., he only has 48 hours, until Wednesday the 9th to do a refund on that book. And since it's a shrink-wrapped binder edition, if he opens it, he can't do anything. And that's part of the policy actually written on every receipt.

This guy pissed me off. and I had to go talk to B. and tell him there might be a complaint filed against me. When he came back to finish the transaction, he had such a smug look on his face. That usually doesn't get to me, but then he had the gall to tell me,

"I knew your manager would straighten you out. You probably need more classes on how not to mistreat customers."

Brain to mouth filter failure occurred, and I responded with:

"Actually, sir, considering the term this book was for is over, and the refund date has been past for a month now, and you're STILL getting away with cheating our store, I'd say you're one lucky bastard right now, and you really shouldn't press your luck any further."

I completed my transaction, pulled my till to count it, then met with B., who says he doesn't give a rat's ass if a complaint is filed, since I'd documented the whole thing, and had two managers behind me the entire time, plus two coworkers who heard him be a smug little bastard.

Ugh. THis turned out long winded and rambling. Sorry about that. All I can say is thank GODS this was my last day of work for a month. VACATION TIME! I get to go home and see my family, then my best friend and I are road tripping for a few weeks. Again, thank GODS!.

I'm sure I'll still be online here during the next month...with plenty of contributions to the sightings section.

*gives a cookie*

At least you won't have any reprcussions against you, right?
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Please

Follow up come this fall.

Comment

Your manager shouldn't have given him a damn thing, and called security if he refused to leave.
        I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
          *gives a cookie*

At least you won't have any reprcussions against you, right?
          Nope. One should hope not. It depends on whether he calls to complain to the store or whether he submits the complaint on our website, in which case it'd go to corporate, first, then filter down to us. Either way, B. said he didn't really care if he complained, so we shall see.

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          Follow up come this fall.
          If he comes in again in the fall while I'm working, bet your ass there will be a followup.

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
          Your manager shouldn't have given him a damn thing, and called security if he refused to leave.
          I know. apparently B forgot to put on his spine today. Usually he doesn't cave like this, but he did get some sort of revenge on the douchebag. We don't have security in our store though, except for some police force during our busiest seasons, that's it. Every other time, we have to call the police and hope they get there soon enough. Not much of a threat, really. <Sigh>

Comment

OOOh! I want roadtrip stories! Let my tired-but-working-anyway self live vicariously through you!
            Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Quoth saint View Post
              OOOh! I want roadtrip stories! Let my tired-but-working-anyway self live vicariously through you!
              Er...ok...I guess...

I'm planning on posting trip outings and pics in my livejournal. PM me if you want it, and I'll send you the link to add me. We're basically hanging around TX, but will eventually see parts of Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky. There will be amusement parks, winery tours, cave tours, hiking...all sorts of fun stuff! Can't wait! And in SIX HOURS, I will be HOME and hugging my mommy.

Yeah, that's right, I'm not ashamed to say I miss my mommy, and wants to hug her. ha!

Comment

Working...
              X