This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not how this works.

Today being Valentine's Day it was busy. I had the opening shift and in the first two hours of opening I'd already had 50 customers. By noon I had 125. That doesn't really have anything to do with this story I just needed to share.

Towards the end of my shift I get this lady. I ring up her stuff and ask if she has a rewards card. She doesn't. She asks if I have a "store card" I can scan. No, we don't. Then she just wanted me to give her a card to use. She tries a few phone numbers and nothing worked. I don't know how other store's reward programs work but ours you have to sign up to get the sales.

Then she comes out with this gem..."So can I just wait until someone comes up to see if they have a card?"

I'm pretty sure I just kinda threw my hands up in the air. Surely, she couldn't be serious. Oh but she was and starts to look around for any other customer to come up. And don't call me Shirley. After figuring out that the crappy Valentine's candy she was buying wasn't even on sale I finally got her out of my line.

I think what annoyed me the most about the whole thing was that she had this smirk on her face. Like when someone does the "if it doesn't scan it must be free" or trying to get one over on you. I'm just glad she was one of my last customers and I don't have to go back to work until Saturday. I'll probably hit up for 50% sales tomorrow.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

I have to admit - I was at a cashier a few days ago, who was having trouble scanning a certain item; and I did smirk, and went, "Should I say it? Should I say it??!" She rolled her eyes, smiled, and mumbled, "no, if it doesn't scan it's not free..."

Comment

When some asshole tells me that if it doesn't scan it's free I tell him sorry it's triple the place that I feel like charging them.

Comment

I don't think that even before I worked retail I ever thought to say that. Then again I don't really talk to the cashier beyond small talk. I just like to get my stuff and get out of there. When people do it to me I just give a stupid "Huh huh, that's not how it works!" or "If it was up to me...!" they would pay triple but I can't say that.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Ooooh.... Next time it doesn't scan. "So, since it didn't scan, it must be TRIPLE THE SHELF PRICE, huh?"

I should probably then follow up by asking the cashier not to hit me...
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
          X