X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... Random Sandwiches are Random ...

It's ... strange.

For the past, .. what is it now, eight weeks now, .. every Sunday, near the end of the day, I go up to the break room to find a single sandwich, contained in a ziplock bag, just sitting there on the table. Every single Sunday. We've asked around in the staff circle between the few staff that do work on a Sunday, (Generally all day, as the hours are shorter on Sunday.) Nobody claims it. Ever.
    • It's in the same spot on the table every time.
    • It's always only a sandwich in a ziplock bag. Nothing more, nothing less.
    • The type of sandwich varies. Sometimes it's rye, sometimes it's a bagel, sometimes it's a biali.

I put it in the fridge because I don't like to see food going to waste. Maybe someone forgot their sandwich? But now there are like, .. eight or nine sandwiches in the fridge, taking up space. It's so weird.

All I can say is ...

>Click Here< if you get the reference. (That's not even a link. Disregard. :P
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

HWguy works there? on saturday nights maybe?
    There are only two rules of tactics: never be without a plan, and never rely on it.

Comment

Team Fortress 2? I can haz cookies nao?
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Maybe it's a social experiment. Somewhere someone is recording your reactions in a notebook.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Is there any chance a non-staff person could get to your break room? I'm wondering if maybe it's a family member of a staff person leaving it there and just assuming the staff person will know it's for them.

Aside from that, though, Food Lady's suggestion also bears consideration. Keep an eye out for people scribbling on notepads for no apparent reason.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I'm not big on workplace spying, but this situation is BEGGING for a stealth cam. Seems like if it was a 'drop-off' the recipient would have mentioned it to the drop person by now. I'm down for social experiment too. Let us know.

Comment

Sandwich poltergeist.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I would so do something silly. Like have a pair of peeps have a death match on the sandwich.

First thing I thought of

Not like I did peep battles in the microwave every easter

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
                  I would so do something silly. Like have a pair of peeps have a death match on the sandwich.

First thing I thought of

Not like I did peep battles in the microwave every easter
                  Your ideas are intriguing. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                  X