X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more ID follies

This happened a couple of weeks ago.

I'm cashiering as usual, and the customer writes a check. Out of town. So, per store policy, I call over the MOD to initial the check.

When asked if all the info was current, she said that she actually lived here for 2 years. MOD visibly faltered, but still accepted the check.

Keep in mind, her checks AND her DL were for her apparently old address.

She claims that the DMV no longer will let you get a new DL/ID every time you move.

I call bullshit. There is no way this state will forgo any small bit of money, even if it is only $14 for a new DL.

I make it a point to get to the DMV within 2-3 days of a move to get a new DL, not to mention order new checks from the bank ASAP BEFORE I move. But, I'm not an idiot or an asshole.

As a cashier, it pisses me off to no end when people don't update their DL/IDs in a timely fashion.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Our state doesn't issue a new ID, they issue a little sticker that you can put on the back. That's it. I'm going to assume you can do it online now, but it used to be you'd have to suffer through waiting at the DMV. So yeah, I'm someone who doesn't update my ID. But I don't write many checks, either.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

AZ doesn't even bother issuing a sticker, you can change it online, and they give you nothing, it'll just come up when the police run it and such. Throw in that our DL doesn't expire until you're 67, and you can see the trouble that causes.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X