This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Toddler

So, we all went to see Despicable Me, which of course is a kids' movie, so we expected kids... A family sat right behind us, parents, tweens and one tiny little guy, around 2-3 years old. The second we settled in, the toddler began a screaming holy shriek, because the mother refused to share her snack with him. Seriously, who refuses to share with a little toddler? He's too small for his own entire snack... She kept trying to get him to shut up in the rudest manner, telling him to "quit it and grow up". This little one was not even able to form clear sentences, much less understand her meanness. She finally said, "I'll give you some if you're gonna quit crying." He sniffled, hiccuped and quit crying.

The area behind us where they were sitting had a tiled-over-concrete floor and a metal rail over one part, to our left. After the movie began, the same little toddler began to swing from the metal rail. He then squirted himself through, and proceeded to do one of those oddly jittery toddler dances in the middle of the dark aisle. Not one member of his extended family went to get him. He was not being particularly noisy, but I would not have wanted my toddler roaming in the dark, or swinging his little head over the concrete. He did return and one of them picked him up and lifted him back through the rail. Whereupon he continued to swing from the rail, or grab everyone's seat backs as he toddled from place to place.

They sure didn't deserve that kid. Everything he did could have been prevented or safely forestalled with just a bit of attention.

In good news, we had a little tiny toddler in Sorcerer's Apprentice who didn't make a peep during the entire show. His folks were engaging and watching over him.

Quoth Yurimaru View Post
    So, we all went to see Despicable Me, which of course is a kids' movie, so we expected kids... A family sat right behind us, parents, tweens and one tiny little guy, around 2-3 years old. The second we settled in, the toddler began a screaming holy shriek, because the mother refused to share her snack with him. Seriously, who refuses to share with a little toddler? He's too small for his own entire snack... She kept trying to get him to shut up in the rudest manner, telling him to "quit it and grow up". This little one was not even able to form clear sentences, much less understand her meanness. She finally said, "I'll give you some if you're gonna quit crying." He sniffled, hiccuped and quit crying.
    if and of the tweens was more like early teen the toodler could be her kid and granny is feed up with being a mommy again.

but thats just the cynical side of my coming out

Comment

Sliceanddice, could be, but if my teenage daughter did have a child and did nothing for that child, I would not sit there and ignore the grandchild while they scream and/or let that child get hurt just to try to prove a point to my daughter.
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Then again, maybe that family puts the FUN in dysfunctional.
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

That family has nothing to worry about. If the child gets hurt they'll sue the theater.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I give my toddler snacks during the movie to keep him quiet, and I make him sit buckled into his stroller throughout the entire movie.

Comment

Quoth boringscreenname View Post
              I give my toddler snacks during the movie to keep him quiet, and I make him sit buckled into his stroller throughout the entire movie.
              I love you!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X