Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Game Idea] H+: The Singularity (OOC & Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh. I hate it when my creativity dries up on something, as it has here, and as it did on my other games.

My creative center can be so uncooperative when I want to focus it on one thing, sometimes, and instead it'll go "Ooh, ooh, this idea might be fun! Let's figure this one out!"

I think H+ might have to go dark, folks.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It happens to the best of us.

I'm no stranger to DM burn out. I did it in the middle of a campaign once where I told my players, "I'm sorry, but the game has gotten to the point where I see nothing but numbers and stats not story and fun."

Managing multiple people gets rough too.

Comment

Not helping my creative frustrations is that I now have an urge to start up another game/interactive story set in the "Firefly" 'verse...

Sigh.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

I'd join that game, so long as I can have Vera!

Comment

I've got a similar problem to what you do I think Jay.

My friends like to call it new character-itis. I, quite often, will stop liking a character I'm playing and keep thinking to myself of a cool new concept. So much so that I will actively try to get the character I no longer like killed. Then I make the new character and find out it isn't nearly as fun, or as interesting or whatever as I had imagine...

It's a vicious cycle.

So take it from me. No matter how cool, awesome, etc the new concept may seem, it may be wise to step back and take a break OR take time to write your thoughts down and flesh it out before trying to run it. Either way, don't try to run it asap just because it seems like it will be fun.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
              I've got a similar problem to what you do I think Jay.

My friends like to call it new character-itis. I, quite often, will stop liking a character I'm playing and keep thinking to myself of a cool new concept. So much so that I will actively try to get the character I no longer like killed. Then I make the new character and find out it isn't nearly as fun, or as interesting or whatever as I had imagine...

It's a vicious cycle.

So take it from me. No matter how cool, awesome, etc the new concept may seem, it may be wise to step back and take a break OR take time to write your thoughts down and flesh it out before trying to run it. Either way, don't try to run it asap just because it seems like it will be fun.
              Trust me, I know this.

I have countless little notes written down in various spiral notebooks, and Google Docs, and Gmail drafts (since I can't get into Google Docs at work) just to get them down and out of my head.

Problem is, my brain doesn't like to let things go sometimes.

Me: "Okay, I need to write something for H+..."
              Brain: "Ooh! Thought of a neat idea, it's like a steampunk Under Seige... on an airship!"
              Me: "Oh, fine. Here, let's jot down some ideas here, ba badda bup, and now, onto H+..."
              Brain: "Ooh! Ooh! Just remembered that Matrix fanfic you never finished, here's some ideas on how to revamp it!"
              Me: "Oh, god, let's just jot those down, do doo do, now, H+--"
              Brain: "Ooh! Ooh! Let's do a Firefly game!"
              Me: "FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"

Comment

So wish we could revive this...

Comment

Working...
                X