This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    As anyone who has ever handled puppies or kittens knows, poop, pee and puke are just part of the deal. I was talking to someone who wanted to adopt one of the puppies I had shown her, but wanted someone who looked more "professional" to do the paperwork. She wasn't sure that I'd do it correctly
    ...I don't know I'd trust her with an animal... I'd want to deny her application due to idiocy.

The joke we had when I worked at the roofing company was kinda the exact opposite. If a contractor showed up looking "too" nice, it was absolutely a bad sign. I don't mean looking tidy, but show up in a freaking suit and nobody is going to take him seriously, at least in my area. Maybe in the floofy gated community. But otherwise, the sign of a good handyman/contractor/etc was if they showed up in a slightly beat up truck or work van.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
      Back in college, I owned a pair of bright orange jeans. (Used for costume purposes only, I promise!)
      Heh. Back in the 1980s, jeans came in white and pastel colors!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

DON'T remind me, I barely survived the Jordache years.
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Heh. Back in the 1980s, jeans came in white and pastel colors!
          I owned a pair of peach coloured jeans and a matching jacket! When they were wet they looked like orange garbage bags.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            DON'T remind me, I barely survived the Jordache years.
            Ah yes, designer jeans...when you could stare at a woman's posterior and plausibly claim simply to be checking on the label.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I remember that at some point I had these butt ugly light blue tye dye jeans. Ever look back on your fashion choices and go “what glue was I sniffing that I thought that was a good idea?” (And that doesn’t count for life choices either)

I also had this really butt ugly shirt that at the time I loved but looking back it’s just cringe worthy.
              Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Denim Leisure Suite. 'Nough said.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

That is terrifying.
                  Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                    Denim Leisure Suite. 'Nough said.
                    Odd-looking, sure, but probably more comfortable and less gaudy than the polyester version.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Royal blue and black tuxedo. Thank god I didn't own it; just had to wear it. In public. At a NHL hockey game.
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I once fell off my 4 inch high platform shoes and sprained my ankle.

This happened while I was wearing hip-hugging plaid, cuffed baggies and a matching orange tube top. Sure glad nobody had cell phones back then.

Comment

*cracks knuckles*

In the 70s I owned: A pair of denim pants in red, beige, white & yellow stripes. A pair of bell bottom pants in light blue with tiny white dots (I loved those pants). A red/beige/white/ blue/green paisley polyester t-shirt (also a favorite). A pair of black & green suede saddle shoes. A pair of tan suede shorts that laced up the front. And my all-time favorite, a vest made of some kind of furry multi-colored yarn with gold buttons; the colors were sort of medium pastels, including blue, rose and a lot of green, IIRC. I miss that thing.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I remember some of my clothes from the seventies. Gah . . . And I don't even have the excuse of glue-sniffing.

And some of them are coming back in style . . .

Comment

I once owned a pair of bell bottoms with bells that were SO BIG that they got caught in the chain of my bicycle FROM THE WRONG SIDE. There I stood by the side of the road, unwilling to take off my pants and drag my bicycle home like that, until some very nice construction workers came across the street and took my bike apart for me. Whew. I was SO embarrassed. I was at that age where everything embarrassed me.

Comment

How about a pair of chocolate brown 'denims' that were a tad too short, so mom and I put some stylish braid on the bottom to lengthen them, BUT then the braid shrank.... Lovely effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X