This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's mad becaus MY formula tastes bad

I have a digestive disorder, and because of this my doctors prescribed to me several cans of nutrition formula that I have to drink. They say it tastes like vanilla. I've tasted vanilla and this is the worst tasting vanilla ever! Normally, we can't drink at the registers, but my manager's a real nice guy, and seeing how this is a medical thing, he lets me drink the formula at the registers as long as it's in a sports bottle.

So, I'm working at the registers with my bottle of heaven-knows-what-flavor formula and I'm ringing up a mother with a 7 or 8 year old boy. As I'm scanning her items, my hand accidently knocks into my bottle and knocks it off the counter. The boy picks it up. At first, I think he's going to give it back, but instead he pops the top up and takes a drink! Then he screams, "Ew! Gross! This is nasty!" I swear, Australia heard us and we are nowhere near Australia. He flings the bottle at me and I dodge it.

Now this is where it gets interesting. The mother yells at me for keeping a foul tasting drink on my register for customers to sample. I tell her the drink was for my personal use and furthermore it tastes bad because my doctors prescribed it to me for a disorder. The mother then tells me that if I'm a cripple, I shouldn't be out in daylight! The manager is over at the next register and he hears this. He doesn't like it when customers insults his employees, so he goes over there and tells her, "Ma'am. This is the 21st century, not the 1950s. Handicaps are more than welcome to enjoy the sunshine if they want to. And furthermore, Princess-Snake is not a cripple. She is a bright young woman who was born just a tad different than most babies." (I love my manager!) I don't know if it was because someone dared to stand up to her, or if it was because my manager is 6'5" and lifts weights every day, but her face turned pale, she quickly paid, and practically ran out of the store. After she left, I got some alcohol wipes that I always keep with me and wiped the top of the bottle with three of them. Then life moved on. (Although I was tempted to just dump the formulaon the mother's head. Then I wouldn't have to drink it.)
    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Ha! Your manager rocks!

I wish I had been in that store as another customer, because I would've let that stupid lady have it.

Ignorant AND a poor parent. Wow.

Comment

If that were my kid (and I'd like to think if he were he never would have taken a drink in the first place) I'd have said "well, that'll teach you to drink from bottles that don't belong to you"...and why the he!! would someone assume an unlabeled sports bottle would be meant for customers to sample??!!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

What in the name of gord is wrong with people?!
        "Shouldn't be out in daylight"?! What an absolutely disgusting attitude. What would this woman do if there was the slightest thing wrong with her little boy and was told that he shouldn't attend school with other children?
        Reminds me of this war story:
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=198

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I'd have probably informed the boy about how impolite it is to grab someone else's drink. "Didn't your mother teach you any manners?"

I'd have also suggested to the mother, "Maybe you need to teach your brat some manners." My parents taught me that children are to be seen, and not heard.

It's probably a wonder that I don't get in trouble sometimes, but I give the hell right back to the hellions. You know, share and share alike.... do unto others as they do unto you.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Maybe she got cripples and vampires confused?

Comment

I don't know why this mother is mad at me. First of all, the kid ought to know better, and second of all so what if my formula tastes bad, what are you mad at me for? You're not the one who's forced to drink it, I am! I should be mad, not you! I'm just hoping she's not a vegan, cause knowing her attitude, she would have gotten on my case on my "meat only" diet that my doctors put me on. (Meat's easier on the digestive system than other foods.) i'm not joking. The doctors have made me a carnivore.

Comment

Quoth Princess-Snake View Post
                I don't know why this mother is mad at me. First of all, the kid ought to know better, and second of all so what if my formula tastes bad, what are you mad at me for? You're not the one who's forced to drink it, I am! lol:
                Should have told her you love it! It's the most delicious thing you've ever had and you wish everyone could have a prescription for it Artificial/medicinal vanilla flavoring rocks!!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

They also have chocolate and strawberry flavors too. But if the vanilla one tastes like crap, then I don't even want to know what the chocolate ones taste like. My dad told me (before the doctors put me on my carnivorous diet) to mix in chocolate syrup with the formula to make it taste better. Long story short, I did and it didn't.

Comment

The mother then tells me that if I'm a cripple, I shouldn't be out in daylight!
                    "Well, being as you are evidently mentally crippled, I guess you should take your own advice. You shouldn't be out in daylight--or at night for that matter."
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh, IPF, you are simply wicked......me loves it!

She should have thought before she decided to say something so ignorant and stupid.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The mother then tells me that if I'm a cripple, I shouldn't be out in daylight!
                        What the Hell. That is comically distasteful. If I were portraying an extremely tactless and bigoted man in some manner of farce, I would say that.
                        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Now this is where it gets interesting. The mother yells at me for keeping a foul tasting drink on my register for customers to sample. I tell her the drink was for my personal use and furthermore it tastes bad because my doctors prescribed it to me for a disorder. The mother then tells me that if I'm a cripple, I shouldn't be out in daylight!
                          Damn, that is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start. Firstly, WHY would she think, in this day and age, that there would ever be a community sample bottle anywhere? Has she even heard of the health department?

Secondly, she is un-freaking-believibly rude. A medical disorder is not the same as being handicapped(don't even get me started on her calling you a Cripple).

Thirdly, how entitlement-minded do you have to be to blame someone else because your son is a brat with no respect for other people's personal belongings?

I am very glad your manager stood up for you. Hopefully Mrs Entitlement and son have learned a lesson.

Comment

My manager always stands up for his employees. (except for this one gir that was a total b*tch. But that's another story) And he doesn't take any crap from customers no ifs ands or buts. I swear, I would marry him on the spot if he didn't already have a fiance.

Comment

Karma's a b!tch! Can't wait for her to come back on THAT woman and her kid!

Comment

Working...
                              X